The Rapid Move To All Electric (But Real Goal = No Personal Cars)

Invest in electricity, rates will triple if not more. Make your car Flex fuel capable and make your own alcohol for fuel…

Or invest in ammunition and reset society!

(Joking)

1 Like

F150 Lightning I assume?

Same shit happened to my buddies new defender. Took them 3 months to fix it.

1 Like

Mach-E. You can kinda see it on the floor mat.

Damn. I didn’t even know they got over the air updates.

Imagine how people would freak out if Carplay was removed over the air…

3 Likes

$60k to replace Hyundia Ionic 5 battery. Two separate case so far, both damaged by hitting an object in the road. The 2nd one they have video of and claim it was a muffler that was hit. :joy:

The scarier part about that is we know what can happen when these batteries are punctured, in terms of them bursting into flames. Sounds like all electric vehicles need to come with a full skid plate underneath similar to offroad vehicles.

Watch the video. It has a full skid plate. 70 on the highway hitting a solid object with a 4000lb car is still going to dent a skid plate, unless you make it ungodly thick to the point that it would be terrible on the range because of the weight.

My bad I was lazy and didn’t watch the whole thing.

I don’t blame you. I didn’t watch it at all because electric cars can suck a fat cock :saluting_face:

2 Likes

From my daily stock email…

Dumping EVs

Electric vehicle stocks are still under pressure after Hertz Global said it would cut its EV adoption losses by offloading a third of its global fleet to buy gasoline-powered cars. That’ll put 20,000 EVs up for sale, including those from Tesla, in response to weak take-up and elevated repair costs. The decision adds to growing EV demand worries which were already amplified by pullbacks on production targets. What about the rest of the fleet? Hertz plans to improve profitability by providing more charging stations and making it easier for customers to acclimate to an EV rental.

Got any good stock market sources?
I should start paying attention. Looking to turn 2k into 1k this year. :slight_smile:

Also… Why are school districts SOO interested in 400+k electric school busses.

How many drivers or pay increases to keep drivers would that cover?
Federal money for electric school buses in WNY district as others question costs, state mandate | wgrz.com.

There are Model 3s listed for sale under $18k from Hertz.

1 Like

I like the free email updates I get from seeking alpha every day. Not enough that I pay for their service, but my stock investing is just play money on the side.

I should have bought ZIM on the Houthi attacks but expected it to drop more before NATO got serious and bombed the fuck out of the rebels who keep attacking ships. The 16 site strike last night with promised heavy retaliation by the Houthi’s makes ZIM an interesting one to watch the next few days. Shipping volume will just continue to double and triple for some time so being able to get in low on some maritime shipping stock because of a short term regional conflict is probably a good bet.

1 Like

What percentage of Tesla sales were to rental companies?

quick google sayz: Hertz selling 20,000 units, Tesla sold 1.8 million EVs in 2023.
My conclusion rental fleets little impact.

What is battery health at 70,000 miles?

2 Likes

That seemed interesting for a minute.

Until I realized replacing my commuter car for 20 with one that will be free to own and charge will take me 10 years to break even.

2 Likes