The Rapid Move To All Electric (But Real Goal = No Personal Cars)

But Muh Earth!

Oh I was just pointing out that it’s a sweet deal. If I needed a round-town car I’d be interested. But I don’t at the moment.

Whoops. Better go charge in the middle of the work day.

https://twitter.com/CanadaRecord/status/1745992825727033655?t=BfUXx9Mpd77cmer1mJAI7g&s=19

1 Like

lmao nice

been hearing this from Ford dealers. People buying the Lightning then returning it as soon as they try to do truck things with it. I can think of very few things that are more vaccinated than this.

I love “Havana Effect” as a frame for this :cuba:

German lawmaker Jens Gieseke, who represented the party in discussions on CO2 standards for vehicles, has criticized what they call the Commission’s “prohibition ideology.” Gieseke has long warned against the decision to phase out combustion engine vehicles, predicting a “Havana effect,” with Europeans continuing to drive old combustion-powered cars for decades, akin to the situation in the Cuban capital.

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

This is why we need the Tweel

The tweel would do nothing to improve rolling resistance and tread life at the same ride quality. Retread-able tweel may reduce long term cost? Still haven’t seen a tweel promo producing lateral force.

Opinion, not fact based: Issue with low rolling resistance compounds is that the wear really fast in anything other than highway use. Last rental car challenge that I did corded all (4) tires in 50 runs (rotated 30 runs in) (FWD Hyundai?) Previous car example, Camaro V6 auto with “performance” tires 3/32nds wear with 60 runs?

2 Likes

Rate the tires on a Jeep that I recently rented…

Also, this…

1 Like

10 out of 10 for an easy win in a civil liability case, would settle before trial.

2 Likes

Someone rented that jeep for the free tire swap when their personal jeep needed new ones

2 Likes

saw my first cybertruck in person, driving down my street in clarence yesterday while i was walking the dog. Looks great in person, the headlight pattern is the most unique on the road.

2 Likes

As much as I want to hate it, Tesla killed it in my opinion with the design. EV’s give you the freedom to make basically any design and they capitalized on it.

1 Like

I like that they can go outside the norm. It’d be nice to see more stylized designs on their cars now.

I really want to see a coach builder business model slapping interesting bodies onto Tesla “skateboards”.

1 Like

2 Likes