The Time Is Coming To Build a House

1. I like vinyl siding. My girl likes vinyl siding. Stone is more expensive. Vinyl siding wins.

2. Like I mentioned a few posts back the roof is what the software automatically generated (except for the small roof with the skylights). The angle of the pictures distorts it a little bit. I am curious about solar panels too… I don’t know what angle those work best at, etc. That may influence the design later down the road.

3. We both like the wide open-ness of the first floor. Being able to see to the other end is a big plus for us. I don’t mind walking through a room to get to another room. I see it as a flowing design rather than a hindrance. I’m not really getting what you mean about a double stair case, but I like the idea of having a staircase from the kitchen to the 2nd floor. That is how I wanted it originally (basically just rotated where it’s at) but that is one of those arguments I didn’t feel like winning. :embarass:

4. I have on my list to check into radiant heating. I am very interested in doing the garage and driveway at the very least. It will ultimately depend on how much it costs and whether it is something we can change down the road (in the kitchen for example).