The Trump Presidency Discussion Thread (Non-Meme version)

This is the most ridculous part of the entire thing. They didn’t hack voting machines, or manufacture fake emails or lie about anything. They hacked a few email accounts and exposed the DNC’s shady BS. There was a time when investigative journalism did the same thing through confidential informants but we can’t rely on the media for that anymore since the very emails we’re talking about showed they’re the ones coordinating with the DNC.

While I agree it’s getting a bit ridiculous, I also think that people questioning the motive behind ONLY releasing DNC emails is valid. Why would a foreign power go to such lengths to help our election one way or another? You think they were doing it out of their desire for the American people to know that someone got debate questions handed to them? How noble of them…

Edit - There are now reports that the CIA, FBI, and DNI agree that Russia was involved in our election to benefit Trump. Still nothing official, though.

You realize there were leaks that damaged the republicans dropped via wikileaks for years before this right?

Maybe the RNC had better security and didn’t get all their shit hacked and just some of it?

It’s also sort of confusing that the US is upset…The US has involved its self in fucking with politics in other countries forever.

Nobody hacked the election system/voting machines…The DNC got hacked and legit emails got leaked there are lots of countries that don’t like trump who have offensive cyber capabilities and actively hack our government(China for example.) who could have done things to the RNC.

US should also consider bringing up actual proof that Russia was involved…This is similar to the thing with Sony where they blamed North Korea because of some magic but most people involved in forensics/malware reverse engineering still don’t think North Korea did it.

Maybe this is a good example of why you don’t rig the primaries for someone and make sure their political past is clean before putting full party support behind them?

Cool story, that’s not the topic.

Not likely.

Again, not the topic. US population (especially the current one) had nothing to do with CIAs mishandling of other governments. The people of this nation have every right to question what’s happening.

Probably true about the voting machines, not arguing that. The RNC was reportedly hacked. We just don’t know why no one leaked anything.

100% agree here. I would assume that if there was proof, they already have it and have not made it public. The only reports on this are anonymous sources who say the people involved were LINKED to Russia. Hard to say anything beyond that.

lol, wat? That’s done already, man. Were you surprised that the DNC was pulling shit like that? More importantly, would you be surprised if the RNC did? I’m honestly glad that those people were being shown for who they are. I want it to happen to ALL politicians.

Your post makes it seem like this is something that isn’t of concern because it effected the DNC and Trump won. This is NOT a partisan issue. This should be of national concern regardless of political belief or affiliation. Country before party.

Like I mentioned the US routinely gets involved with other countries around the world this isn’t anything new…Not just CIA but from all levels putting pressure on governments we don’t like and attempting to push for leadership changes look at Syria.

Here an example of the US freezing assets in attempts to put pressure on Putin.

Hell our own goverment even hacked its self http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jul/31/cia-admits-improperly-hacking-senate-computers-sea/

If anything this is another wake up call around cyber security.

It’s completely possible the RNC had better security or the extent of their hack was much less…Based on the amount of data that got released from the DNC is was probably an insider leaking something or some long term large breach. Link about RNC - http://www.wsj.com/articles/republican-national-committee-security-foiled-russian-hackers-1481850043 (Republican National Committee Security Foiled Russian Hackers)

Do people think the DNC leaks are the reason Hillary didn’t get elected?

You have China hacking US based companies and stealing billions but people are more worried about leaked documents that probably had very little if anything to do with the outcome of the election.

This is only an issue because people are trying to place blame on why Hillary didn’t elected when the news media was reporting there was a 1% chance Trump would win.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-ford-mexico-idUSKBN14N1EO

All Hail Lord Trump!!!

He must have a pretty big magic wand

https://youtu.be/tzjty76s4Y4

When the president-elect can effect something like this, that’s impressive. Good for them.

I hope he doesn’t go too far with the criticism of other companies, though. This may be fine for an enormous company like Ford but what can smaller companies do to keep costs down and stay in business?

:tup:

I guess Mexico should have done some pro-Hillary hacking.

It isn’t solely an issue of keeping costs down… but de-regulation (moderately) and lowering corporate taxes will make American businesses more competitive internationally without affecting the native cost-structure.

Moreover, better enforcement of existing international trade policy or rolling back policy that directly incentivizes off-shoring will do the same.

If you do all of these things it will certainly bring back millions of jobs from overseas.

The most ignorant thing I hear from people during these arguments is “those jobs are not coming back…americans wil not work as cheaply as the Chinese… or the Mexicans.”
This, to me, demonstrates the epitome of liberal-ignorance of the free-market system and fact(math)-based decision making.

And to add icing to the cake… the way trump is doing this… by simply bullying fortune 500companies and taking advantage of the uncertainty of his policy and leveraging the power of his office… to me this is a living lesson on how America really demonstrates authority internationally.

It’s as close to perfect as you can be.

This. This is the starting point to reasserting our dominance in the world. He tweets for a company to jump and they jump. They have no idea if he can or will do what he is threatening but boy is it working thus far.

You fanboys are funny.

Anywho, I may have spoke too soon.

Try to ignore the headline and very obvious left bias in the article. Trump had an effect and the CEO even admits it.

However, how is this in any way ‘perfect’ on Trump’s part? Ford’s primary reason to cancel that plan was because of shifting market demand of low cost cars.

poetic may have been a better word than perfect… or the superlative of American

This is my favorite so far.

News outlets don’t know what to do with themselves. I’m not necessarily a Trump supporter but I’m getting really sick of the wild speculation at every turn.

CNN and MSNBC are bending over backwards to put a negative spin on every good thing Trump has done so far.

Almost like Fox News on Obama for the past 8 years…

Don’t act surprised. This shitstorm is unfortunately a 2 way street with heavy traffic.

the more bothersome part for me is what Stephen Colbert, Seth Myers and John Oliver are doing… I usually find their stuff quite entertaining but it’s difficult to watch now.

Yeah. John Oliver was great until he turned into a trump basher. Haven’t watched him since the election-- not that he cares since I don’t pay for his show.