The UB student that was shot recently...

I know its been posted about, dont think it had its own thread. Anyways…

http://www.buffalonews.com/home/story/667296.html?imw=Y

Jackson, who lived on Lisbon, was killed less than a block from Main and Highgate, apparently in view of one of the dozens of police surveillance cameras in the city. The commissioner said it’s too early to know whether any evidence was caught by the camera.
“We are in the process of examining the tape to see if there is any usable information from the cameras. Of course, you’re dealing with ambient light and nighttime,” Gipson said. “The best information, of course, would be an eyewitness account.”

Seriously?? I understand it can’t see everything at once, but isnt this what all these damn cameras are for?

Am I the only one seeing more and more ammo they are going to use to try and move the bar closing time down? I mean already, nothing good happens DT past 2 AM. The heights have gone wayyyyy down in the past couple years.

Some people make me sick.

The school needs to step in and help that neighborhood out. Many residents of that area know that this was bound to happen sooner or later.

Bar hours have nothing to do with the problem. Run down houses/Low cost housing has EVERYTHING to do with it.

I hope this incident makes people wake up to the issue.

thought they were “night time” cams??

Even if they get the surveillance cameras, it was probably just some dude on foot. I doubt they will ever find the guy.

My thoughts on this are he got shot in the middle of the street…I doubt the cameras do well in the middle of the night agaisnt a black background…Not to mention they are looking down which would be hard for facial recognition…

so what are these cameras for?

“It seems something occurred after leaving some of the clubs and establishments on Main Street,” Gipson said. “Something may have happened. There was no fight, but words may have been exchanged.”

The UB student was shot less than three blocks from the site of an attack in March 2008 that left another UB student paralyzed.

Jackson was Buffalo’s 17th homicide victim this year. At this time last year, 15 people had been killed in the city.

Go Buffalo bar scene!

They have used them to solve other crimes during the day…

They need to bring back Molly’s and PJ’s. None of this shit started til they shut them down.

:lol: Mollys rocked to bad UB got that shut down…

thats what im sayin. this is why we cant have nice things. Wayyy too many beer muscles after 2AM.

And I get that yea its in the middle of the street, against a black background, blahblahblah, but really, these cameras should be able to function in a 0 lux situation.

Walking up and shooting someone in the middle of the street isn’t beer muscles, that’s thug life. I really doubt the shooter was drunk.

I want “thug life” tatted on my chest

seriously

This isn’t your average college student going and getting trashed and starting a fight/brawl.

This is riffraff coming in from the surrounding neighborhoods starting shit.

The area either needs to re-zoned for student living only, or they need to put some pressure on the landlords to fix up the houses and raise the rent.

That will push the “RiffRaff” out

My point was that it very well could have started at one of the local bars and then escalated.

Oh I am sure it did, this kid was probably “eyein’ up” someone’s girl yada yada, he’s dead.

This is why DT tries to maintain dress codes, shutdown problematic bars (The Basement) etc when things started getting out of hand down there. A select few ruin it for everyone :tdown:

From what the news said…The kid got shot over dancing with some girl…

a few of my buddies were riding their motorcycles down that way…
He called me a few minutes after it happened saying
“dude, I just saw some black guy get knocked the fuck out, he was just laying there in a pool of blood”

then we find out a few hours later it was a shooting. fucking crazy

Yeah, it was a conflict that began at the bar, fucking awful…