The Workchat Thread

Glad I have today off!

Kinda busy today actually, might be working late for some OT.

Evidently half my company does too. Like no one in the parking lot.

I should have gotten a job with a school district. :frowning:

im working a half day today, 3-7.

Is that why people didn’t come to work today? Cause schools are closed? Parents staying home with their kids?

Could be. I know I’d want to be home if I had kids. I don’t want to find out what kind of trouble bored elementary and middle schoolers would get themselves into.

Hahah.

My 6yr and 7yr old nephews once rappelled down from the 2nd floor of their apartment in Philly lol.

The older one told the younger one to go because he said, “You won’t be able to hold me.” At least they are half intelligent. lol.

Hahaha.

I used to stack chairs up and climb them to reach the rafters in my living room. I would then swing off them and land in a pile of pillows (the pillows only came in after I first discovered that even though there is carpet, it still hurts like hell when falling from 10 feet up).

lol!

I was a pain in the ass as a kid. I was watching a bunch of old videos on my video camera from when I was like 11 or 12.

For starters, my grandmother used to babysit my little brother and I at her house. We used to pretend to play hide and go seek, and while my grandma was counting to 30 or whatever, we used to stack chairs and tables and beer and a bunch of crap in front of the door so that she couldn’t get back into the house.

Good times, good times…

Mondays.

Just got a call from MSI regarding my GeForce 8800 Ultra card that they have.

Henry, the guy I’m dealing with, said he’d replace the card for a second time to try and fix my issue. I said that’s fine. This was last thursday.

Today he calls and tells me, “Hey, listen. We don’t have anymore 8800’s to replace yours with. So, if you’re willing, we’ll gladly send you a GTX260 (which is a slight upgrade) instead.”

What did I say, “Absolutely fine with me.”

I let him know I appreciate the fact that he’s trying to take care of me as a customer and providing exception service. I know I like to hear it when my customers praise me, it makes me work better and feel better.

I don’t care what some of you techies (Shady, etc.) say about BFG/EVGA being the best when it comes to video cards, but MSI just proved themselves to me. I will also consider their products now.

I’m getting a BRAND NEW GTX260 with full warranty from MSI in exchange for my TWO YEAR OLD GeForce 8800. I made out like a bandit.

I am returning my GTX285 and keeping my GTX260 for the time being. I’m going to wait until the DX11 cards come out and then sell the GTX260 for a VERY fair price.

My day just got a lot better.

I am rocking 2, 260’s in sli they are tits. you will like it for the time being.

Yeah I should be good. I’m very pleased with MSI. It made my day lol.

Sweet, I just got the management position I wanted for the upcoming summer break from school.

Congrats Chris.

Thanks.

Just found this out today: at the end of the program (end of summer), there is an all expenses paid 4 day 3 night cruise to the bahamas for all employees of the company.

Par-tay.

Are you serious?

im hungry