theres nothing to see here.

^^
that sounds depressing.

hahahaah ^^ :smiley:

and yea the 996tt and 911turbo… same difference.

Well I guess it depends if the only reason your buying a car is for the emblem on it or how it performs…It’s your money do what you want, but the Z06 put performs the car for alot less, responds great to mods, and can be tuned locally with a laptop! So figure out what you want to use the car for.

Right, just food for thought.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/hot_lists/high_performance/corvette_camaro_corner/2009_chevrolet_corvette_zr1_tested_compared_with_z51_z06_feature

To play devil’s advocate, you could also get a base model vette, do bolt-ons to the motor, and suspension upgrades and likely walk all over the Z06.

^that was the article i assumed you were referencing :tup:

Hey no problem:beer:- again, its all relative on what you want to do with the car.

If you want more luxury-- well I guess the 911 will have a tad more. But I even hesitate on saying more because lets face it- its an 02. 7 years have passed and alot has changed. Actually…

Heres a good pic of the inside of the car your looking at. In comparing it with a Z06, in all honesty, as far as luxury goes… there really isnt any difference. Leather seats come in both. Comfort, probably similar. I dont believe these Turbos had nav yet, while if you want it there will be Z06’s optioned with it. If anything the 911 looks pretty cut and dry. The Z06 may actually have a little more “bells and whistles” to it.

Im pretty sure without being a mechanic or engineer- The Z06’s technology will probably be better than an 02 Porsche.

If you want more exotic/ less common (in certain parts of the country), again, the 911 has that going for it. I know you can make them look real nasty, but so goes with the Z06.

Heres a nice site you should look at- mainly because of photography and ideas but…

http://www.360forged.com/ (SKIP THE INTRO)

Ideas for both corvette and 911…

Unfortunatley, these guys sorta pulled a scam lol, but there are better companys with similar style wheels out there. I used HRE for the GT-R, a little better quality and rep, but 360 was pretty sick in designs.

It all comes down to what you want.

Mike

tell that to 99 and 00 911 owners.

I ride for vettes pretty hard, but just throwing this out there…I’ve never been in a 996TT but I’ve been in a C4 before. The build quality makes the car - saying two cars have leather seats and/or nav doesn’t add up…the quality of interior in the Porsche is simply awesome in my opinion. I think the quality and finish is top notch. It’s been awhile since I’ve been in a vette and therefore I’m not comparing it directly…I’m just saying that’s not really a fair judgement, luxury/interior isn’t really a couple checkboxes like “leather” and “nav”. Not hatin, just sayin. You should probably drive both cars in order to make your decision. That usually settles it for me.

Nav in a 02 996 is like a 3"x3" monitor.

Yeah that is kinda tiny… lol

Understandable.

I was also basing my opinion on the modernization of the cabin. No doubt Porsche utilizes quality materials when putting an interior together. However, this car is pratically 7 years old.

Times have changed and a lot has changed from a C4 with corvettes.

The Z06 are very comfortable IMO. Simple like the 911, but also has very good quality. Now does GM utilize more plastic then leather for interior components. yes. for sure. how much so well from that picture they are not to far of the mark.

You are right- the purchaser must drive the car. The Z06 maybe too much car for you and lack maybe a little more comfort then the porsche can offer? Again, Im not sure your intentions. I will say be ready to be suprised on the ride quality of the Z. I know I was.

Ok maybe a touch bigger than a 3 inch cube, but here was my old man’s 996 C4 from back in the day.

I loved that car, I learned how to drive with a third pedal
But creature comforts it did not have: no cup holders, radio sucked and nav screen was tiny for a 6 figure car. It is a purposed built machine.

I don’t know if it has been mentioned, but you should also think about the driver experience. I have never driven either car. However, if internet buzz is correct, I think the driver experience in the 996 might be a bit more enjoyable.

The biggest complaint that auto enthusiasts seem to have about the vette is that while it does perform well on paper, it is a very Numb car to drive. You will not get any enjoyable feedback from the car. On the other hand, the 996 cars are notorious for being very driver oriented and give a phenomenal driver experience. Simply put, the Porsche will have way more soul in it than the vette.

Like I said though, I have never driven either car. This is just the impression that I get from reviews I have read on both cars and their manufacturers in the past.

Also, on the topic of luxury, no sports car bucket seats are luxurious, and you always will have to “climb” out of the car. Other than that, with the porsche, you might get a better fit and finish and some nicer leather material.

He wasn’t talking about a C4 'vette

Yeah I just noticed that. I was in a rush when posting lol

Cons of Z06: Corvette owner stereo type

Cons of porsche: $$$$$(weather than be parts or just finding anyone to work on the car)

Lets face it, the Vette is a better bang for the buck. Johnny the trailer trash mechanic could fix your vet with his eyes closed and in addition to the fact that the LS7 is simple, the parts will never be too wacky in price. The C6 vette looks very sharp in comparision to the older vettes and the only real downfall is the fact that it’s got the stereo type of a midlife crisis car and it’s interior isn’t a luxury car.

90% of people on here are import humpers. Everyone hates GM because they feel like they bring nothing quality to the table. How about a 7.0 liter engine that uses rock solid proven mechanical engineering that will long outlast the service life of the car?

But with all that $$ you’re spending your getting an out of the box lethal track weapon.

^ I agree.

put a deposit on something today… hopefully picking it up saturday. ill snap some pictures :smiley:

I love the internet.

pm me details… and send me the pm you promised the other day :devil: