they're making 60's camaro complete bodies now

http://www.thepartsplaceinc.com/gallery.asp?Category_ID=4

Last month’s Hot Rod had an article on that… I guess right now they’re just going to do '69 'verts but a hardtop and the rest of the 1st Gen. ('67-'69) will be coming along w/ a Fastback '67 Mustang and maybe '70 Cudas.

Using the all new '69 body you can now build a Camaro with not one original part… and probably spend less $ than restoring a rusted out shell. I’d love to get my hands on one of those, use one of the many front sub-frames out there that accepts all C5 suspension/brakes, Year One’s LS1 motor mounting parts, a T56 and make a brand new old Camaro. :smiley:

-TJ

yup,kinda :cool:

the way the’re talking it’s like finding a 100 dollar nova in a yard somwhere and getting a 12k dollar body…

complete you’re lookin at a 60k project which considering the resale on original ones in that kinda condition it aint all that bad.

theres only about 20 or so at every show i got to, why they need to make more? Surely if i had an original i’d be a lil jacked off now that everyone and their mom will have one. Now i could see a cuda body, to afford a real cuda you gotta sell your soul to the devil.

i had a 70 barracuda…lol cost 2k and sold for 500 :dunno:

key word, Barracuda sure you could put a 440 or a hemi in it but its still a barracuda and not a 'Cuda. Cuda’s came with better everything just about like the super track pack

barracuda was an appearance package…who cares if it dind’t have a 440 or 426, it’s still a 70 barracuda 4spd winning shows today by curt and barb heilman

Barracuda was not an apearence package, it was the base model. Grand Coupe was the apperence package, sorta like brogham in oldsmobile. dodge’s version was called SE (special edition) . a Cuda was the same as a challenger R/T. as big a g-body guy as i am, i may know more about 68-74 mopars. Mopar wasn’t as big on appearence packages as GM. Case in point: everyone thinks a GSX is faster than a GS. it should always be about the same unless you add the stage 1 option into the mix. See you can have a GSX with a 455 with out the stage 1 and therefore a GS stage 1 would be faster. GSX was strictly an apperence package. Now with mopar the R/T, scat pack, super track pack or what have you was always geared towarded better performance. Better suspension, dana rear end, better gears, etc… The only time they started to get into apperence packages is when the federal regulations came in and the massive power plants became frowned upon. That brought in cars like the 73 challenger rally, no more big 440 but you still got the look with teh powerbugle hood and side flares, etc…

I care if its a 383,440, 426. who the hell wants to drive a slant six or 318 barracuda? thats like buyin a brand new v6 mustang.

new 6banger would be faster then a barracuda. advantage mustang

new 6 banger runs high 14’s lol

our barracuda was none of the motors u listed

the only choices you had were 225, 318, 340 4barrel, 340 6BBL(aar only) several 383’s , 440 , 440 super camando, 440 6BBL, 426 hemi. 340’s and up were Cuda’s everything else was Barracuda.

our “barracuda” was a 340 from the factory and dont’ argue with me that i’m wrong becasue the car is winning shows for being original motor

yeah you sound just like the monte SS guys that swear they had 350’s from the factory or it was a dealer option. How come the car changed hands twice so cheap? I didn’t know you could win a show just by having an original motor. yeah its possible back then that a car could have slipped through the system with a rare engine combo, mopar was not exactly the best at perfection and massproduction BUT that means you would have sold a RARE as can be car for $500.

yup we did sux for us huh…electrical problems owned our asses and the rear shell needed to be completely replaced.

BUT if you dont’ belive me next time you’re at a big show and you happen to see 1 or maybe 2 red cudas there (bright red/dark red) go up and ask if the guys name is curt…then ask him if terry emigh previously owned the car…and THEN ask him if the car was yellow before and under the yellow lime…and if you’re REALLY feeling giddy, ask him what my dads nickname for the car was

the darker one is a 74…i think he has a blue one for his daughter too…he wanted one from every year of that body style…haven’t seen him since the walmart car show 6 years ago dunno if he ever got em.

the doors and dash said barracuda and the rear quarters said “340” behind the stripes

i stand corrected, a barracuda did have the option of the bigger engine but it wasn’t a 340 but a 383 4bbl. A 340 WAS EXCLUSIVE to the CUda package. and how could a car be winnging shows for orginality when you just said its now red and used to be yellow? thats BS, in the world of mopar, numbers matching is everything

yeah the engine was the original engine he painted it a different color, i dunno what class it was winning but it was. it was for sale in hemmings for a while if you look up “curt heilman barracuda” you’ll see it pop up on google but the listing is no longer there - he’s from kittanning btw