Things to do in buffalo

So I suck at thinking of stuff today, so I figured it would help everyone that sucks as much as me to start a list of things to do in the buffalo area…mainly it would be nice to just come here and figure out what to do with my girlfriend when we can’t think of something.

Stuff that is cheaper is better, but I don’t mind dropping a little coin sometimes… i just usually can’t think of anything exciting, haha

-Niawanda park, glen park, buckhorn, beaver island, etc…
-The falls
-Movie
-Hockey game (or whatever other sports…)
-Albright Knox
-Zoo

well, if you’re going as far North as the Falls, why not go the other way to Zorr Valley? just an idea

Zoar Valley is home to mass naked people, just like in EuroTrip…

I’d steer clear

buffalo is only good for going out and getting rocked =)

if you were 21 I’d recomend going out to a bar at night, but alas you are not.
DOnt forget about the Maiz (Applies only in winter)
The historical society (cool building)
Walking behind the historical society.
Walking around / Driving around forrest lawn

Zoar Valley is home to mass naked people, just like in EuroTrip…

I’d steer clear

buffalo is only good for going out and getting rocked =)

when masturbation’s lost its fun, you’re fucking lazy.

never seen any naked people there. I don’t know if I should be disappointed or relieved. :shrug:

About the same distance as Zoar Valley is Griffith Sculpture Park, and Little Rock city. Both cool if you want a little outdoor action. Get outside now before winter rolls around and you’re really pressed for things to do besides drink, ski or watch television.

putt putt or ice skating

Never really been into ice skating, did it maybe 2 years ago or 3… can’t remember, but up at teh Festival of Lights. Where around here is there skating in the winter? :shrug:

I heard suicide is a popular option in this God forsaken town.

Main Street, near Lafayette Square. I forget EXACTLY where though…

Go to any park and have a picnic, walk or bike around too, chestnut ridge/emery park/letchworth and etc.

Wine tours in the southertier (Chataqua County), great to do in the fall, see all the foliage, and you can taste wines all day for practically nothing. Its also a great way to find your tastes in wines if you are not certain what you like.

Find a private spot along lake erie on the beach and chill out there. :wink:

Go for a drive in the fall to ellicottville to check out the leaves, and walk through the shops.

In the winter go sledding, Chestnut ridge… more money=skiing, or tubing at colden tubing co.

Eat.

-pool houses
-drinking
-apple picking in a few weeks
-drinking
-Shea’s for a show or stand up
-drinking
-theres usually live music every night of the week somewhere
-drinking
-go camping for a weekend at Letchworth or Allegheny
-drinking
-check out some of the Frank Loyd Wright buildings and homes
-drinking
-theres a pleathera of art/photo galleries in the greater Buffalo area besides the Allbright
-drinking
-we have some of the best food in the nation here…Im sure we all take advantage of that
-drinking
-Roller Hockey at Mil-Sher and various other places Im sure
-drinking
-Bowling
-drinking
-Lake Eire has some of the best fresh water fishing in the country and THE best walleye (yellow pike) fishing
-drinking
-ice fishing once winter hits
-drinking
-4 wheeling and snowmobiling
-drinking
-Kyacking
-drinking
-take a hike/nature walk somewhere
-drinking
-mountain biking or just biking in general
-drinking
-plenty of coffee houses to relax at and enjoy some tea or coffee while absorbing the culture that we have here
-drinking
-bonfire in yours or a friends backyard…or go to the beach for one while the wheater is still nice
-drinking
-make a movie with that special someone on those long winter nights
-drinking
-go for a cruise to nowhere in particular
-drinking
-wirlpool jetboat
-drinking
-clifton hill in canada…pleanty to do up there for those who are 19 and over
-drinking
-hunting season starts next month I believe
-drinking
-shopping/wandering aimlessly on the elmwood strip or main street

theres lots to do in the Queen City…as crappy as it seems from time to time. And then of course, if your still bored, there’s always lots of drinking to be done

I kid you not, there is a book at barnes and nobles that is all about dating in buffalo. They have a whole chapter on where to go for cheap but fun dates. . . … .not that I’ve ever had to use it. haha

Sleeping is free… it is also a good way to relieve boredom. Before you know it , eight hours or more have gone by…

rotary rink, right next to the big xmas tree in the winter. its just south of chipewa on main street at fountain plaza (also a subway stop). they have rentals and all that jazz. definately a nice place in the winter.

I second the motion for either Zoar valley, Griffis sculpture park or Ellicottville, all good times. Zoar is free other than gas to get there, the sculpture park only asks for a small donation once you go to the other side of the hill and Ellicottville can be cheap or very expensive it all depends on how you do things out there.

I go downtown and tease the bums.
Then I go to the country and invite myself to a party, get rocked on some shine and drive home.