Think I found my engine problem

Picture shows three of the Comp “R” (875-16) lifters. First is normal, second has a bent retainer, third has no retainer. Maybe the retainer blocked an oil passage or got ground up, hence the spun bearings.

I’m not one to jump on the “so and so is making junk” bandwagon, but so many people have had problems with these lifters that it seems like all the cases can’t be improper setup.

So now I either go back to “stock” lifters, or shell out $490 for Morel lifters.

I’m seeing a lot of problems with comp’s quality anymore. There’s a some 3800 guys that have had problems with their retainers being mismatched in thickness and their lifters being machined wrong.

My rockers are holding up nice though.

Comps are junk. I have switched to crane lifters, which have held up nicely so far. Half way thru the season this year I’m goin to change them out with some crowlers.

heard alot of problems with them…

I know of a lot of people on a ford truck forum having a bunch of trouble with comp products lately.

good luck with the fix.

comps do stink

jeff check out Rhoads lifters!!!

www.rhoadslifters.com

Now I remember reading about those. I’ll have to do some research on them. Thanks.

gm lifters are the best

didnt urs fail?

Since this came back up, I was able to return the lifters and Comp is sending me the stock style replacements. I’m not revving past 6200-6300 so they should be fine. The Comp R lifters are just too finicky for everyday use.

no, stock ones failed, idk where some of u guys here that i said my rhoads failed, stock ones failed, i got new rhoads lifters, they work great