Think I'll be switching to Verizon DSL *supernerds inquire within*

We pay $29.99 a month for Verizon DSL and have no contract… It also took about 4 months to get the installation kit and I’m convinced they have the worst customer support in the world.

You are getting ripped.

DSL is DSL, the bottom line is that verizon owns the lines, rocket is just leasing bandwith from verizon.

Fuck the middleman and just go with verizon.

Something tells me that it isn’t them “capping” your speed and shit…

it’s noise in the line or a hardware malfunction.

actually this is cable, which is worse because i expect more from cable vs dsl – knowing the speeds cable is capable of vs dsl.

so yeah bottom line – fuck them though , definitely getting verizon…

thanks again everyone. especially for listening to me rant. :slight_smile:

So – ordered verizon yesterday. I should have the modem next week. Phone installation next monday. Canceled rocket this morning, last day of service is this sunday. The only thing I’ll be losing out on for a little while is xbox live, because there are like eight other networks I can choose from if I really have to send out some e-mail or something.

Anyway just for the record the Greg guy at rocket is pretty cool. He was really helpful both times I talked to him, so I honestly can say anything about the guy.

I told him pretty much the same thing above – you know basically what I expect for the price etc and he was very receptive.

Anyway at least now my gf will be able to send faxes and whatnot from our place as well.

Guess we’ll see how long it takes to get the modem from verizon. Apparently since we chose the one year contract we get a all-in-on wireless router/modem.

I’m sure I’ll be much happier with the bandwidth and service offered by verizon.

Fin

I got my DSL modem yesterday and i got an email saying my service is ready…ill let u know how it works wheni get home and hook it all up

good luck with the dsl, i hear its pretty quick.

apparently… rocket is upgrading the lines in a few months… but who cares, that says nothing about the routing.

i ordered verizon/dsl today… wont be ready until the 19th… UGH.

now… the website… and my database at work said it’s not avail… but verizon tells me it is after much ado. So i’m skeptical… it could be good… or it could suck balls because they are making the stretch for it to be avail.

Goodluck man… I got told date after date that it would be ready. Those dates went by and 4 months later after having a family friend who works for Verizon speed things along I got it.

wow i hope mine doesn’t take that long… i’ll be calling every day. :smiley:

gigity gigity gigity gigity gigity gigity OH YEAH!! :slight_smile: :smiley: :tup: :tspry:

well it waaaas running a little faster last night (~340 down, ~90 up). but for a sunday afternoon, i think it’s pretty damn fast…

-Verizon DSL
:::… Download Stats …:::
Connection is:: 1721 Kbps about 1.7 Mbps
Download Speed is:: 210 kB/s

:::… Upload Stats …:::
Connection is:: 687 Kbps about 0.7 Mbps
Upload Speed is:: 84 kB/s

Honestly it could be a bad network cable… they could be telling you the truth, check your own items first, router, cables etc. It is possible to have connectivity but a poor connection.

i think you missed something bro… but everything is taken case of. verizon > rocket * 101001

love my dsl…had some intial problems…but it was all corrected and now good to go