Thinking about building up an import to DD

Hey guys im thinking about building up a import so i have something fast to run aorund during the winter months. Most of my car knowledge is in Chevys, and i really have no idea where to start with imports. ive been DDing toyotas all my life so thats prob the direction id be heading, and i have 2 avalons and one camry here to mess with. Anybody have any expirence with toyotas here? Or any other opinions on whats a good cheap place to start?

how much are you looking to spend?

i would stay away from any advice burnyd has to offer.

this is true. i always tell people toyotas are great daily drivers. i would not mess with them. they are a pain since no easy/ real tuning method.

I don’t want to discourage you. More power to you if you want a project, but you may want to stop and think about the extent to which you can make an import fast for cheap. Relatively speaking, you are probably going to go a lot faster in a Chevy for a lot less. I would say most imports without nitrous or turbo/s.c. are not going to run faster than 14’s (and those are the “quick” ones :ugh2:).

lol, it depends on how fast he is looking to go / spend…Solaras are really good options for a dd vehicle, depending on what he is looking to spend… there generally cheeper than a 4 door camry since well nobody wants a 2 door camry, they come in v6 5speed.

did you just suggest a ****ing solara??? lol

LOL!

obviously you are ill-informed, please continue to search for your peugot/renault extravaganza’s of the late 80’s that you like so much…things have changed here in the 2000+

Trd supercharger

It’s early 80’s. :greddy:

yes!!!

retail on them is cheep there nothing but a 2 door camry!

Not all of us have the type of money to spend on top notch euro gay cars so we could listen to the theme song of some austrian gay tv show.

homo says what?

what are you talking about? this dude could buy an 8v volkswagen for $500 and run circles around a solara… a solara is one of the dumbest suggestions ever… did you read this dudes mind and know that he’s a closet homo or are you just working from personal experience?

buy a 16v volkswagen beater… an old audi turbo, a ****ty honda, an old mazda but why waste time on a piece of **** homo solara??? do those even come with real transmissions? my top notch cabriolet set me back $400… my other cars are just daily drivers. go **** yourself

I was thinking about like a toyota mr2 haha. I really dont want to go over 5g in the whole process.

I see all you import guys around here having fun with your little buzz bombs even in the winter and i kinda want that to lol, but only for winter lol. The maro comes out when the snow melts.

I dont know a whole alot about imports, but i know this kid who has some old ass 2 door toyota, he put a turbo on the bitch and he is only about a half second off my camaro in the 1/4. He told me he only has around 5k in the whole car. Im running 12s in my ls1 i bet hes in low 13s. Id like to have something like that for the winter months. Thats all haha.

Civic Sedan

you will have 5k into a ****ty and slow mr2… i woudln’t buy one.

I have drivin a civic hatchback to and back from that I had less then $2000 to the track went high 11’s then drove it home. I have done this with 2 different cars too. There isent to many other cars that can do that for as cheap.

As for a yoda, goodluck.

So i see the yoda isnt the right path haha, anyone have a civic for sale. To tell ya the truth id like to buy one already complete rdy to run.

DO NOT BUY A MR2 FOR A DD!!!

Take it from someone who has owned 4 so far. They do not move in the winter time, theres not much room inside of them,it definately would not fit fshocars inside of it if he went to pick chad up for a date, or weekly facial whatever those faggots are up to now. Parts are scarce… and 5k unfortunately is not enough for a mr2 turbo now a days :(… might want to go a different route.

just dont buy an mr2 period.

correction putting 5k into a 3sgte powered mr2 would be a decently fast vehicle.

Yes solaras come in v6 5 speeds like I said before, go through reviews toyota trannys atleast the ones on the v6’s(e153) are by far some of the best fwd transmissions.

there not bad cars for what it is worth, if he was looking for something to drive thats fwd and dd thats reliable for around 5k a solara is perfect. You can get a 99-01 for about 5k for a v6 5 speed.