Most underated import.

Pick an import car that has been under appreciated, and why.

Mitubishi Starion (Chrysler Conquest), If it came with the 4g63 it would be an amazing machine, but alas its demise was because of the garbage truck engine it recieved…reminds me of another car like that.

Nissan 240sx. Who would have thought back in 1989 that the nissan 240sx’s popularity would peak 16 years later, in the year 2005.

There’s a few that come to mind for me…The Nissan Sentra (pick a year), Toyota Celica & MR2. The cars i listed really aren’t sought after by many ppl, but they had tremedous performance potential…The Star/Quest was also very very underappreciated.

mazda miata??? :dunno:

The general public may view the miata as a “wimpy car”, but a true car/performance enthusiast knows otherwise.

Mazda MX3 & MX6?

Domestic: Dodge Spirit RT (VNT)http://www.allpar.com/model/images/front.jpg http://www.allpar.com/images/dodge/turboIII.jpg
and Omni GLHS :boink
Import: Mitubishi Starion (Chrysler Conquest) :dunno:

bandwagon… :hitit:

alltrac… Not alot of people knew about them. I think galant vr4s werent too big of a hit. Its amazing to see so many people do things with s13s… who would of thought they would be so good 15 years later.

AE101 Toyota Corolla

J1 Elantra’s from back in 93-95. Had tremendous untapped power. Using the same 4g63 for years in the car, it could of easily been turbo’d, or a 4g63 turbo swap.

Yeah 240’s are what civics were 3-4 years ago. The trend makes me sick. I know the car has potential but 99% are slow and worthless but every kid with one is a drift master and its also the fastest drag car in the world.

Ps : I have a civic but I had civics since I was 16 so I didnt get into the trend years back. Plus I have one a the few fast ones.

Awesome, if only we had some locally.

I’m gonna pick the Mazda 323 GTX. Turbo and AWD shoved into something the size of a civic hatch.

duh… 1988 toyota celica all-trac

…what other mid-level car in 88 was pulling .90g on the skid pad??? plus awd and 190hp/190tq!

2nd Generation(early 90’s) Isuzu Impulse RS. AWD Turbo charged out of a lotus elan. Suspension was “tuned by lotus” as well(not that it made much of a difference) but the motor was great for a ealy 90’s import. Revved up to 8300rpms also.

Well I own both the mx6 and mx3 and let me tell you the 1st gen gt is a beast even stock with a 2.2 turbo those things ran…

Domestic - Neon 2door, excellent roadcorse and auto x cars, tourquey motors as well, all around excellent base for building.

most underated car of all time in import history–vw beetle. the bug has been fighting v8’s at the track longer than most import owners have been alive, or their parents. also the 1st import car to actually sell in usa, opening the flood gates and getting americans to buy outside of the big 3.

most under rated fwd- the rabbit gti. lets face it, the rabbit gti was made in 1983. this predates the civic/crx si by a few years. the rabbit is the original “hot hatch”. followed up closely is the omni glh models.

for rwd- jap 70 and 80’s cars in general. all of them are potent platforms w/ tons of shit out there. Hell, when i see toyota starlets running 9’s, it makes u say wtf!

for awd- 80’s audi 4k and 5k. audi deffinitely came out w/ alot of innovations on the awd front that are still used today. the 5k, despite being close to 4k lbs, hauled ass for being stock. put a higher spring in the external wastegate and give it hell. however, subaru gets credit for making awd a “common” thing. as audi was a pricey car and subaru sold their awd to a larger audince who could afford their cars as audi was more luxury.

most under rated engine- the rotary motor. u cant argue this one.

the turbo dodge colt. my buddy had one that even on stock boost would fuck alot of cars up. they were like wtf was that thing?! from what my friend told me they could be pretty fast with a big 16g ect… i would say thast pretty underated