Most Over/ Under rated Car

What do you guys think is the most over/under rated cars out there?

Prius(over rated) - end thread

toyota is going to try to save money by removing the soap box from the trunk of all hybrid prius vehicle, customers will have to stand on something else.

underrated

damn thats kinda tough

it remins me of the sega dreamcast

system way too advanced for its time

Prius = over rated
Hyundai = under rated

on what premise are we considering this on?? performance? reliability? or how much car you get for the buck? Very broad POV on this, or any other non model specific forum.

but in my opinion, lets touch on a few…

performance, I will stand by this for a long time to come, honda’s. Pretty versatile cars, take a beating, handle above average without major modification, you can make em go fast as well in a straight line, far from a glorious car, never will be mistaken as anything but econoboxes. Yet there are still many who have little or no faith in them.

reliability, I’d say the new fords, american cars have taken a beating for some time now, but the new fords have really be on point, not only have they come a very long way in styling, I have a few friends with the newer model fords and have had excellent luck with them reliability wise.

Best car for the money…i’m not even going to touch that question on this forum :slight_smile:

I think z31’s are pretty underrated.

GTO’s are extremely underrated.

Evo Lancers are overrated in general. Yea they are awesome performance wise but they are FUGLY and their interior blows.

But I drive a VW, so…

Current or old stuff or both?

they are surprisingly quick. they are good for mid 15’s right?

how about the subaru legacy GT with the indestructo engine like voltron had. apparently they only die if you pump boost #'s at them like they are a diesel.

NSX

Overrated because they’re humped by Honda bois and they’re slow.

Underrated because despite all that they still look and drive great.

im sure ill get a lashing for this but after driving an s2k (in stock form) i think they are pretty over-rated for what they are.

+1

i hate to toss out plugs for a car that I own, but mazdaspeed3s fly under the radar big time. They can hold their own.

over: s2k- humped on buy most, solely because it looks sporty and fun.
reason: twichy, no grip , slow as fuck.

under:-hybrid swapped cars.
reason: original, huge improvments over stock (of both vehicals)generally pretty easily done

Overrated- BMW 3 series. Been humped by car rags for years now for shit that’s completely subjective, like “soul”, “spirit”, “x-factor.” I’ve been in many and they don’t do it for me. Any generation. The alternatives are typically faster and more luxurious, yet somehow it still comes out on top in comparison tests.

Underrated- Pontiac G8. GM puts out a great sport sedan, and it gets the ax after a little over the year because of branding issues. No matter how good it is, people still see it and associate it with 90’s grand ams because of the badge on the front, despite the fact that other than the GTO it really has nothing in common with any pontiac ever made.

fuck it

Wow…

In response to some of the comments:

S2000 - Totally underrated. One of the most FUN cars I’ve driven in a long time.

NSX - Underrated due to how well they’re bulit, they handle, drive, and look. They have incredible curb appeal.

MS3 - WAYYY underrated. I drove SoloIIscoob’s and man that was a fun car to drive…I’d def. buy one…

S2Ks are only slightly cooler than a civic.

NSX is cool, but I’d probably feel like a poser driving one, because they’re so slow.

I thought the mazdaspeed6 was pretty underrated. The msrp was up there but they could barely give them away with heavy incentives by year end. Mine was a great car.

miata: underrated

Veyron overrated.
Here is why: Specifically built to be faster/better than the Mclaren F1, 240 mph top speed, Le Mans winning, super light, super reliable street/race car. The Veyron only beats it in top speed. It lugs nearly around twice the weight of the F1, it’s release delayed because the brakes didn’t work, and it simply can’t turn a corner. All that even though it came out 13 years after the F1.

It seems the veyron’s sole purpose was to be a prop on MTV cribs to be showed off as an overpriced trophy by someone who knows next to nothing about cars.