Most Over/ Under rated Car

+1 on the nsx. I would feel like an exotic car wannabe or something. I’d rather have a Lotus than an NSX. I bet an Elise is way more fun.

Yeah agreed, IMO stock for stock MS3 is the car to beat. Plus they’re so cheap. If they were AWD they’d be right up their with STi’s and Evo’s.

That’s not the sole reason the Veyron was produced…

The Veyron is basically a super fancy high-end super car. Sure you can buy a Koenigsegg CCXR or an Enzo and beat a Veyron on the track… but the Veyron’s luxury >>>>>>>> any other super car by far.

It just happens to go super fast, so it can have some merit as a legitimate supercar. Sort of like how a Rolls Royce wouldn’t be the same if it were slow.

I’d like to nominate the Lotus Elise series 1 for most overrated car. It doesn’t handle that well, it runs like mid 14s, and it gives false impressions to people who don’t know it’s not a super car. The series 2 Elise is a ton better but still slightly overrated IMO, but at least they’re cheap.

i fucking love miatas!

Under rated: Mini “S”
Reason: people think it is too small and femine, but it was a lot of fun to drive

Overrated: Corvette Zr1
Reason: great performance for your dollar, but any car that you can indent the rear panel with your pinky and has a cobalt steering wheel should not cost over $100k

100% agreed, Once I drive my caddy into the ground(which doesn’t take long for northstars, haha) I’ll be picking up one of these, put headers, exhaust, intake and tune asap and have a nice 12 second DD :loopie:

I still want one. :frowning:

Underrated: The 88 Fiero GT. I mean, come on. In 1988 GM of all people had a mid-engined RWD car that would run the slalom faster than a 911 Carrera or BMW M3. And it woul get close to 30mpg on the highway. It returned a profit every year it was sold, but the rumor goes that team Corvette was so scared of the 1990 prototype that the Fiero was killed.

Overrated: The WRX. “oooh, my econo sedan has a turbo and AWD”. Yeah, so? You really need AWD to put 230 something HP to the ground? Give me a RWD WRX with all the drag and weight of the silly AWD system yanked out and then we’ll talk.

Underrated? s130s and z31s, but I’m probably biased.

Overrated? Can’t really say since there’s so many possible choices, but I’ll probably go with NSX since they get humped a lot and most are pretty slow.

Overrated:Beat to shit pieces of crap 240’s that dude bro’s want to make into SIQQQQQQ drift cars? How the fuck did a hairdressers car form the 90’s become THE car for tools to have?

:word:
Can you imagine how much the drift scene would sweat it if GM sold the rights to the 4th gen F-bod to a Japanese company and they re-released it under their nameplate as a drift car?

underrated - S2000. Anybody who’s done more than 6 track days who is given the keys to one and can drive this car flat out without killing themselves or pulling a very fast time is being a pussyfoot. changes are people who dislike this car simply drove it on the street in a safe way and couldn’t figure out what the big deal was.

overrated - Scion tc. oh look, we put a 4cyl camry motor into an econobox and marketed it to kids as a sports compact.

yes

From an everyday reliability/driving aspect:

Overrated - Honda Civic Si…Aside from having one of the nicest shifting transmissions i’ve ever driven, the car is just plain overpriced and uncomfortable. The “racing” style seats are not supportive and options are very lacking and some are just stupid. Like the redline shift light (good luck seeing it in the daytime) and no blutooth unless u get the 24k version? The car is geared weird also, first gear is practically worthless but 2nd drops you so far below powerband the car takes forever to accelerate. Yea they are reliable but worth the extra money? I don’t think so.

Underrated - New Kia Forte and Forte Koup…My mom just got one (koup) and that car is better put together than my corolla and my gf’s scion TC with more options, better mileage, better warranty, and so far no life threatening recalls (unlike my corolla)

if your talking about the new si, then youd be in love with the b series gear boxes (feel 100x better imo) although i have driven them around and the 2nd gear isnt as bad imo

overrated- corvette, ya it might be fast, but the price that they are selling for new is getting up there… especially since their interiors feel like your in a cobalt

underrated- 94-01 integra… ya ya give me that fwd bullsh*t but mod for mod they perform all around great, get great gas mileage and are above average compared to most when you factor in how well rounded of a car they are (especially the type r)

How is the price getting up there when it’s a performance car that outperforms anything within $25k?

An N/A could probably get a 15 sec timeslip, a turbo was 14’s and 13’s with out much effort. People have made 275rwhp with the stock turbo+IC+exhaust.

Wait, so a Corvette is too expensive for what is it, but the Type-R - a 10+ year old 4 cylinder econobox that still brings $15k+ is UNDERRATED?

God I love beat to shit 240s. I would take a beat ass SR swapped sil80 with 10 grand in it over a brand new camaro.

Agreed, just never grew to liking them.

that 10 year old econobox is what alot of sport compacts are still being compared to …