Most over-rated car and most under-rated car??

What do you think the most over-rated car and most under-rated car is? also most over/under priced new car??

let the bitching begin.

new or used cars?

supra - over rated/boner car. More so that the skyline… because there are a lot of ricers that don’t know what a skyline is.

under rated - would have to be some cheap FI car that hasn’t made a huge explosion in the rice scene… ie - SRT4 but less gay

for price: new cars
rated: any car… new or old.

i dont think the supra is overrated, the stock block can handle 700whp

thats bonkers =P

and i think a lot of the exotics are overpriced for the performance you get out of the box

350z o-r
Carrera u-r
Ford GT o-p
RS6 u-p (if it is possible to underprice a car)

Hmmm… I think WRX’s are overrated. Underrated, I’d have to opt for the GTP. Many people think they are overhyped, but those who invest a little money into those cars realize what kind of beasts they are and can be. Overpriced I’d have to say NSX. Hot, yes. Could get better for less? Yes.

I was referring to stock cars. You can turn any modified car into an un-over-rated car i guess.

I love GTPs… but I can’t see myself driving one :snky:

overrated: the word “mustang”, all the kids who automatically assume its fast just because of the name, even if they are rocking a v6

New car = Overpriced always for that kind of money I’d expect 20-30 years of usage out of it. And that isn’t happening up here.

Underrated:
-Pretty much any 80’s turbo dodge (Light, quick, and great mod potential, plus how can you go wrong with a turblo :tspry: )

Overrated:
-v6 Powered Muscle(less) cars
-Honda Civic :stuck_out_tongue:

350Z and Lexus as a whole.

overrated: hondas 99.9 are rice cand yes that .1 are wicked fast

underrated: merkur xr4

I guess it depends on what you are looking at as far as over/under rated… a civic being over rated is kinda rediculous to me because I know mine gets 40mpg and thats what it was made for. Now if it was supposed to get 60mpg and only got the 40 and I paid 3x what I did, then I would have to agree.

I am just trying to spark a lil fire :slight_smile:

I won’t even go there because I’ll just make people angry since I have opinions.

goes back into kitchen

i agree totally about the WRX; however, find me a hand built (every panel is hand fitted, and adjust… some times reshaped) car that can out perform it on the track. watch some of the old best motoring vid of it beating up on super cars… until it gets to long straights atleast. over rated? no. a little under powered, could use a couple improvements? yes.
hence honda 86ing it and making a new one :slight_smile:

same goes for the supra… there is no way that car is over rated, its an amazing chunk of metal.

under rated. i agree about any of the older dodge turbo cars.

i know i will get flamed hardcore for this…but i have always thought the NSX is overpriced and overrated.

I have a feeling that the nsx is over priced and over rated because no one has ever driven one.

^ could be. i think corvettes (new ones at least) are under rated. people think they suck just because they are domestics.

Skylines are WAY overrated. The minute fraction of GT-Rs produced do not make up for the masses of non-turbo automatic Skylines. Stop the madness, stop the humping.

i dont think corvettes (new ones at least) are under rated

anyone pulling up to a Z06 and not taking it seriously has a serious case of dementia :bloated: