thinking about changing schools

yeah so UB just isnt really doing it for me anymore. i like the school and everything, but to be honest, im not really sure what field i want to go into yet, and dont even have a general idea of what direction i MIGHT want to head. what i do know, is that i have expored the majors at UB and theres nothing there that really catches my eye. im thinking that mayb rather than wasting a lot of money on UB, i should spend a coupple semesters at ECC or Buff State, Niagara or one of the smaller, less expensive local schools, figuring out what i want to do and then going wherever to pursure that. this would also allow me to free up some more of my money (because most of the above listed school and others prob cost less than UB) to make myself more financially stable. opinions? suggestions?

say no to Buff State.

if it comes down to it, just take your chances at UB

I think before you choose a school you should think about what you may want to do.

well, i think teaching would be something i would enjoy doing, problem is, im not sure what i would want to teach. i have always had a deep passion for music, and i’m told im ‘gifted’ musician ([rolls eyes] yeah ok im not THAT good), but music has always been something that i have done out of pure enjoyment and something that relaxes me and something thats meaningful to me in a way that i cant really explain in words. all those things considered, i dont think i would really want to do that as a career for the above reasons. it also has a lot to do with the fact that going into music like that involves mastering all of the very technical aspects of music and all of the theory and stuff. i’m not too bad with it, but im more of a ‘fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants’ musician i guess you could say. dont get me wrong, if you put a piece of music in front of me, i can play it fine, but id rather listen to something, then figure out how to play it by myself. learning off the sheet music is like cheating to me. kinda takes a lot of the fun and enjoyment out of it for me. but anyway…