Thinking about going back to school.....

Well i am tired of my ;ife as is right now and am thinking about going back to school right now, but i have a few decisions to make right now…going in jan to become a Allegheny Sheriff Reservest and frim there i can become full time for them or a different DEPT, but prob wil ahve to take classes for it. I love cars a working on them but it just doesn,t pay what i want and i don,t knwo what i would go for. I have a year of bussiness managment under my belt from CCAC but htat doesn,t mean shit. I like too many things and cannot decide on what to do. I have no clue and need to turn my life around for the better,i have been slowly doing this but has come to a dead stop with schooling and my future. Wwhat have u guys done and how did u decide? Have any ideas for me?

If oyu know you want to get a degree for sure then I would suggest going to school now and completing your core classes. That will give you time to decide what you want to do and you will be “wasting” less time by not going at all. I went as an engineering major to start…i took a few core classes and hated it. I talked to a prof. and she directed me towards finance. I liked it a lot and have a good job now that i like. By all means it is not a blast to go to work for me but I have always liked “playing” with #s to get info.

don’t rely on the police thing…you would have to become act 120 and the sheriff dept may be taken over by allegheny county police shortly. A lot of corruption in the sheriffs.

college sucks, trust me…hopefully it will pay off in the end though

I’m at ccac taking pitt’s pre-engineering requirements

starting to wish I’d gotten into auto tech

I think I’ll stick it out though

See.thats my thing,i like alot of stuff and don,t know what to do, u say the sheriffs suck,and school sux too…i might go back with business management and just open something up with my old man,i just have no ideas as to what to open up.

I personally would open a gym/fitness center. For you…you like detailing cars so why not a detail/accessories shop? The only thing w/that is there are a million in pgh already.

Come to Bobby Mo, and enroll in the Actuarial Science program… incredible job placement, pay, and resources… Awesome program. If you have the intelligence/dedication, you can go a long ways - fast.

I would rather work on cars too - but Actuarial field has been a great choce for me. Kinda like Bics said, i dont exactly jump up and down to come to work - and it can get pretty mundayne at times (as will most office jobs probably), but u can quickly move up the ladder, and once you’ve done that, there’s not that much office time anyhow… mostly client interaction

Well if i open a detailing shop i already have great clientel waiting,but the detail bussiness is tough if thats all ur doing,i have a buddy looking at a shop on 885 and he does installs/detailing and we have been talking,i am still open to trying to open up a bussiness of some sort though steve

wear your flack jacket if its the one next to dairy queen. and cuttys dad’s shop. because there was a shooting there a few weeks ago. :spank:

i went to school but i was fortunate enough to have a passion for teachin from when i was like in 7th grade. starting your own bus. is where the $ is at. i would do that if i had the drive. and didnt think i would flop

I would imagine it is tough for a detailing business. I would say if you could get an agreement set up with a dealer that is a way to have a solid foundation. The thing with that is I am sure dealers have agreements set up with other shops already…but if you are a smooth talker and offer them a better deal you never know. For a business only relying on “off the street/local” business I would imagine it would be rough.

It is that one mac,but it was drug related so i,m cool…and the teaching.i always wanted to be one since i was like 8,seeing my mom and da both doing it made me want to,but i odn,t know if could go through 6 years of schooling

The clientel i was refoerring to is 90% auto dealerships

if it works out and only after a few years.

everyone goes through these times when everything sucks and the grass is always greener on the other side, but just keep your head up and everything will eventually work out. Sometimes change is good, other times it bites you in the ass. /emo

If oyu are seriously considering opening a business. When you run some #'s figure worst case numbers. Find out what you break even point is and see how much business you would have to do to meet that. The more planning you can do the better. There is a stat out there saying for the average small business only 1/3 make it past 2 years.

ya i know,my da knows all about that stuff and i know a lil too,i started that detail business down on 51 basically,had to get all insurance,plates,chemicals etc…and was on a budget for every week/month and so fourth so i know a lil about it. My dad has a small bussiness now but doesn,t like it very much and kinda stopped doing it. I knwo all to well about the percentages,LOL

im currently taking classes for criminal justice and i find it very interesting but in reality thats not who i am… i also have my own side business and it works pretty well for not workin to hard but you gotta be on top of shit 24/7 buts i enjoy it… and workin 40 hours on top off all of that…

so i see where your coming from on this… im getting certifed for scuba diving and thinking that i might get into underwater photography while im at it! haha

when you figure out what your doing let meknow the secret to picking one thing!

Criminal justice is what i might have to go through if i do the sheriffs. LOL,thats my problem.i like and know how to do tooom any things

do you even need a degree to get into allegheny county? my friend is in the allegheny county academy right now and he went pretty much out of the military? supposedly he’s going to the airport for his first job working graveyard shift.

they told him he’ll start out at 48k and will make 62k in 2 years…now that seems kinda odd? does that sound right? seems like a lot of money for an entry level cop? if someone could shed some light on this?
thanks…

if you cen’t beat em’ , join em’? :dunno: