Thinking of which car to buy, any advice?

Well, i’ve recently run into a bunch of issues with my 07 Speed3. The engine is being replaced under warranty and after doing some research i’m not really feeling the reliability of it.

I’d like to get a car for 9-12,000 something i can modify a bit and still be a reliable DD. I was thinking about an RSX, WRX, or DSM but i’m open to suggestions.

Would this be a really bad idea for a daily driver lol?

http://www.cbevo.com/93_talon_spec_26.html

Seriously though, help me not fuck up again and buy something that sounds like tons of fun in theory but ends up blowing up after driving it stock for less than a year.

If you were going to buy any DSM…One from Curt would be the only one I would recommend.

LS1

I think BlackIntegra is selling his RSX type-s

out of those options, I’d go with the RSX imo…

i think that was the car curt brought down to dyno day at J&S Dyno. it was super clean and put down some pretty decent power. When he was down there he said it was his winter car so thats why im guessing same car.

Details? Is it posted anywhere i can check out?

Yea, it looks super clean and done right. I’m totally into what’s been done to it and the price, just nervous about reliability with something so modified. That’s always hard battle with a DD, wanting to modify but also not worrying about getting to work.

Pm him he had it posted on CL and facebook. But it was flagged

Id say a wrx. But that’s just because I’m biased towards them. I’ve never had any big problems with mainly stock.

2003 G35’s are becoming common around that price range and at least you get RWD that way.

If you’re looking for a reliable DD, how can you even consider at DSM?

Does that Type-S have boost? Would like to see the asking price and mods.

They seem to be hard to find at times around here. Just picked up a 2002 from Spitzer Toyota about 2 months ago. Just tinted it, HID’s, and Injen intake.

Good luck!

04 GTO’s can be had cheap. They are incredibly comfortable, 200k+ reliable and will outrun the cars you have listed.

I know DSMs aren’t high on the list of reliability but the knowledge base surrounding them is crazy good, so if i did run into a problem I’m confident that I could find the information to fix it pretty easily in addition parts availability is there too. I’d consider a DSM to be much more reliable than the MS3 I’m in now and much more accessible to fix.

I would like to know more about the RSX as well, he has been pm’ed

I really hope the RSX discussed here is not the one in Pittsburgh on clubrsx.com . He is asking $20K for it. Claims his friend offered him $20k for it and that he is posting there so that he can entertain HIGHER OFFERS!

It is an RSX with a full race kit.

Not sure if Whitey’s car ever sold, but he was asking $10K and it didn’t close on ebay, I don’t think. Probably had twice the mods at half the price. That guy is loopy.

You mean this guy?

http://www.pittspeed.com/showthread.php?t=50016&highlight=dyno

I would consider whitey’s car if it was still for sale, heavily modified RWD sounds not so fun as a DD winter car though. Maybe i can afford a shit civic for the winter.

I don’t think so. I believe the one on clubrsx.com is a 2002?

That is an interesting coincience that both dudes are asking 20k for a modified RSX both on RSX club.