This forum

hey gents…

thanks for taking me up on this discussion.

in the long term i think it’s beneficial for all.

right now the forum is sitting in a hidden section of our network but it is active and fully functional.

in the short term, rather than giving the forum its own VB license and reskinning it we can redirect some domains here and then build the forum anew if it makes sense to do so.

i have some domains registered already… zcar.ca and zcars.ca and some others… but what are you thoughts on what the domain should be to capture the 350z and g35 crowd?

should it be made all Canada or focus on local guys?

I know SG Motorsport is on-board and our other vendors will be as well… i’d also like to reach out to others who could help make this fly and see how we can integrate their interests as well.

thoughts?

hey hey
whats going on ladies…

I definitely think having a forum specific to Ontario of even Canada Z’s and G’s is definitely beneficial.

So what you want to do is have whatever domain zcar.ca zcars.ca or whichever we go with, to just redirect to canadanissan.com?? And then if it gets big enough create a new forum?

It could definitely be Canada specific and then separate the provinces…but I also think an Ontario forum will also be successful and the majority of member would be from Ontario.

might be a good idea to just start telling people at all the meets to join…we could even start this weekend at Importfest…I could just bug all the guys there with Z and G to join. dunno if its ready though?

i can set up the domains pretty quick but i think that we should start a FB group with several of us and potentially others as admin so that we can invite z/g owners that we know into the group and launch that way

if you think setting up the domains this week will help by redirecting them here i can do that.

i definitely think we need to find a couple more well known guys in the community to be mods / promoters for the forum.

moreover, i also beleive that people who have their own business or similar should be welcome to promote their businesses through here to help it grow.

we have arrangements like that on the other forums here where guys get special arrangements for their assistance. same would go for this… even more so in the beginning.

Well it doesn’t necessarily have to be this weekend. I was just saying that so I can spread some word at ImportFest. I could always gets there names or emails and contact them at a later date when everything is up and running

Did you want to go ahead and start a Facebook Group?

yeah now that i have you as a friend i’ll get on that… i wanted to have other admin other than myself and blain to start.

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

what should we call the FB group?

GTZA…Greater Toronto Z Area :slight_smile:

forgive me but that sounds kinda wackballs :slight_smile:

is blain at importfest tomorrow too?

he hasnt posted in here yet.

uhh Blain did show up, but not with his car, just came by to hang out for a bit

i managed to get a diff today… needed that bad.

anyways… i’ll try to show at Blains meet. maybe we could put this subject on the agenda?

i’ve asked blain to post in here but he hasnt got around to it yet. i think he doesnt realize that these forums all pull of the same user database so his account on SON transfers right over, we just dont carry over the cookies.

Sweet…FINALLY! lol youve been looking for one for a while now.

yeah man, I should be able to make it out to Blains meet. yeah sure, Im up for anything just let me know what we need to do.

this is a booming thread…lotta activity:snky:

i guess we’ll have to wait for Blains meet to discuss further.

i’ve done all i can do up to this point.

blain hasnt even bothered to post yet.

At last I am posting in here lol First time I’ve really sat down at the computer for almost 2 weeks.

So what needs to be done?

i think that is what we ned to discuss here.

I’d like to see a few more guys actively involved in a discussion so that I can get the forum set up the way that people want.

As mentioned, i think an FB group should be set up as well to help promote and communicate events etc. using forums only is not the best way to do this anymore.

Before that, i guess we need to decide what we want to call everything so that we can get the proper domains set up and the facebook group.

i have zcar and zcars.ca registered but i dont know if that really captures everything.

hey guys sorry haven’t really had the time to sit down on my desktop either…
whats up?

QUESTIONS:

If we assume there is value in setting up a proper regionally run forum we need to call it something… what should it be called?

Is the tentative format i’ve set up sufficient or should there be changes / additions to it?

I think if we just address those two issues first i’ll get things set up and we can move on from there.

Hey Guys - Moving out of the 240 world and into the big boys club.

I think a Canada wide Z forum would be excellent, however I do not know how prosperous. I think that an Ontario (basically GTA) section will be most fruitful due to the market concentration. Living in London, I see quite a few modded Z’s around this are (15 for every 1 240sx) so I think maybe some sub categories would be good to (local meets, local parts for sale etc).

OZF - Ontario Z Forum
OZC - Ontario Z Chat
ZCO - Z Chassis Ontario
NZCO - Nissan Z Car Ontario

Just a few that sprung to mind.

So Bing, what’s the next step?

i just renewed some domains but i think we need to agree on what this should all be called.

after that, i think that we should grow the facebook group with common friends that have the cars.

i’m not an expert on FB so i have to figure out how to make the page easier to find and for others to join… one of our issues on SON is that we dont make strong use of FB… i’d like to change that this time.

SONI - Southern Ontario Nissan Infinity, or SONI 350G
I like the idea of just an Ontario forum just like SON
Bing, I think your on my fb so send me an invite to this new group. I know a couple z/g owners a way out here I can get to join.