This just in....

passengers in cars are now allowed to have open cans!!!

One of the loads I work with is a state trooper and told my section that now in Pa the passengers can have open cans or bottles… He says its in effect just not written down…

and just to let you know hes not an ass that would tell u that and then try to pull u over…hes legit

:blue:

:rolleyes:
thats just asking for trouble… IMO

Hmm… Its not that I dont trust him its I dont trust you!

I heard its in effect that there is no speed limit, herb is legal, and rape is no longer a crime.

But no one wrote it down.

I’ll believe the open container thing WHEN IT IS WRITTEN DOWN. Every other effective law I’ve ever heard of has been written down and available in a formal document.

hahaha noooice

better not let your dad find that out.

I’d be careful about this obvious trap.

Just like “Open Firearms Carry” in some states: technically it’s legal. Coincidentally, they’ll try to get you for everything else that goes down as a result of it, like “inciting a riot” and “disturbing the peace” and other stupid little things not related to the actual LEGAL aspects of what you’re doing.

If someone’s stupid enough to let your passengers drink in a car going down the road without legal writing that says it’s ok (and case law to back it up too!), you deserve the inconvenience of getting a FST and maybe a trip to the hospital for blood work.

not written down??? why would you even post this?

i do believe that the percentage is really high, like 70% or higher, that even though it’s completely legal to have a passenger drinking in a car, most cases are that the driver is still intoxicated to some extent.

who really drinks alone?

it’s been like that in new orleans for ages.

ok i just called him it is written down…now i just have to find it and post it…

i still wouldn’t let mother fuckers drink in my car if it was legal or not.

fucking a man… you mean this shit ain’t legal?

sorry whitey but it was illegal…but hey now it isnt, u just have to have someone driving…i think thye might get suspicous if ur pulled over and ur in the passenger seat with a beer…and u say the driver took off running

yea I heard there was no real “law” called street racing and it wasnt exactly defined/ written down or whatever…well that didnt stop me from being pulled over so I question this.

haha

seriously who cares? we have drank in the car while a sober person was driving for years. if you get caught oh well

It would be in PA title 18 or 75 if anywhere…
<googling>

Ah, found it…

PA Title18, Section 7513: Restriction on alcoholic beverages

It is unlawful for any person who is an operator or an occupant in any motor vehicle to be in possession of an open alcoholic beverage container or to consume any alcoholic beverage or controlled substance… in a motor vehicle while the motor vehicle is located on any highway in this commonwealth.
This section does not prohibit possession or consumption by passengers in the passenger areas of a motor vehicle designed, maintained or used primarily for the lawful transportation of persons for compensation, including buses, taxis and limousines, or persons in the living quarters of a house coach or house trailer.

The loop hole is to get a jitney license (?) and claim you’re a taxi!