This kid claims to love "systems" but...

Sounds like a winner…

a winner winner chicken dinner

Dave, have I given you the SQ bug? heh-heh-heh

he’s just always talkin about this SICK SYSTEM in his car n he claims to know shit about car audio… so i thought that shit was funny.

i’d like to hear his sick system then.

im sure it rattles rust off the car :lol

I love kids who put all this stereo shit in their cars and then pop in a burnt CD from Limewire in MP3 format. I mean it makes total sense to put $$$$ into a huge stereo just to get the EXACT same shitty sound your stocker put out…just with more Bass.

also, what amp is that?

heh, yea. i try to get all the mp3s in 320 quality, but more often than not theyre not, but i still play regular cd’s in mine to get proper sound.

Oh I remember the days I was into car audio. It’s too bad I put it all into an econo-box

to me it doesnt matter what car its in, if it sounds good and clean i like it.:thumbup

It was good and clean and loud. Rattled the fuck out of the car though.

still have it operational?

The “proper” sound would be audio recorded by use of acoustic tube pre-amps/amps transferred directly to a vinyl record that could be played in the car haha.

But since that makes no sense to anyone, I just stick with nothing less than a 16bit 44.1kHz Wav / Aiff file. If I upgraded my system in my car that number would go to nothing less than a 24 bit 48kHz Wav / Aiff file.

AND by the way, you can’t get the above posted quality from shit sites like Limewire/Frostwire etc…

nah, nobody rips things in super high quality, cuz it takes up a lot of room and most ppl cant hear the difference anyway. eventually i’d like to step up to full tube amps. ive been eyeing millberts for a while now, but their current equipment requires at least a 5000 dollar investment to get jsut 4 channels to go. i dont have that much right now. i need to call them again and bug them about the new amp they have told me about.

Nah. The car was passed down to my little brother after I removed almost everything from the car. Only thing left are the tweeters molded into the A-Pillar. The rest of the components were sold off.

Fronts were Infinity Kappa components
Rears were Infinity Reference 2-ways
Deck was a Pioneer unit (was one of the top models like 7 years ago)
Memphis 2-Channel amp (275watt I think) for the fronts (backs were power off the deck)
2 10" Memphis M-Class subs in a massive ported box
Memphis Class-D mono block amp (500 watt) for the subs

Also had a 15" lcd grafted into the trunk lid that was flanked by too other Infinity Reference 2-ways. The 2 channel amp switched to those speakers when the trunk opened. Had an XBox hooded up to the screen. Shit was badass for 2003.

Tube amps are the shit :+1

I have one of these in my car, sounds better than any digital recording:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/2f/%D0%93%D0%95%D0%A0%D0%9C%D0%90%D0%9D%D0%A1%D0%9A%D0%90%D0%AF_%D0%A0%D0%90%D0%94%D0%98%D0%9E%D0%A1%D0%A2%D0%90%D0%9D%D0%A6%D0%98%D0%AF_TORN.FU.G.%28%D0%B2%D0%B5%D1%80%D1%85%29.jpg/733px-%D0%93%D0%95%D0%A0%D0%9C%D0%90%D0%9D%D0%A1%D0%9A%D0%90%D0%AF%D0%A0%D0%90%D0%94%D0%98%D0%9E%D0%A1%D0%A2%D0%90%D0%9D%D0%A6%D0%98%D0%AF_TORN.FU.G._%28%D0%B2%D0%B5%D1%80%D1%85%29.jpg

i like infinity kappa series. i used to have a set, those sounded great! LOTS of definition with those.

no shit man, its german! :thumbup

I got bored of car audio. After I got the truck done, I played around, took it to a few shows, and now its just…meh. Maybe next spring I’ll get the bug again and put the truck on the road