This kid claims to love "systems" but...

that kid is a fucking scumbag, complete tool, i cant even stand being in the sam building or general area as him :Idiots

i got tired of SPL FAST, this is why I stuck around in SQ. SQ requires that anal streak in your character that not everyone has. That and patience, lots and lots and lots of patience :slight_smile:

Yeah, I got sick of building burp machines. The blazer plays music, and it does a damn good job at doing so.

I up convert mine to 320 or try to download it as 320. I also pass a lot of my songs through SoundForge to clean them up, fade them, chop them (especially trance/techno since I hate the repetitive 1:00 in the beginning where its some crappy beat).

true story… i saw it!

Tube amplifiers are archaic 1950’s technology. Expensive tube amplifiers are a very interesting animal indeed. You are literally paying money for distortion. The tube sound is just distortion that just so happens to have the correct harmonics to “sound smooth”. So if you want to spend money for an amplifier that literally produces 10-100x more distortion than an equivalent solid state amp be my guest. Many people indeed do like the sound. However with DSP you could create that exact sound cheaper with a solid state voltage amplifier.

I would recommend this for a 4 channel amplifier.
http://www.zapco.com/prod/comp_prods/c2k25Frame.htm

I really like how the Millbert sounds. I like tubes in general, but dont have one of their amps because of the price tag. Last I talked to them(which was like pulling teeth because those guys just WILL NOT tell you what theyre working on) I got a little bit of information about a new one theyre developing. The amp that I heard was this

this got amazing reviews up and down, but I didnt really know about them till i actually heard one and i freakkin melted. dont get me wrong, solid state amps are quite nice, especially the newer stuff coming out, but i still feel like tubes are just TITS! The thing with that amp is that when it’s made to distort it doesnt actually pop like your typical amp would, its a much smoother overdrive and it sounds more natural. Now, I havent heard one of these for a tremendously extended period of time(sadly), but i feel like this is the machine for me. they sound so warm and so natural that it really makes u wonder if youre listening to an amp at all. also, the power of a tube amp is different than solid state amp power. a 30 watt millbert like that sounded like a 300+ watt solid state amp. i think that if i was to pick up a solid state amp it’d be this for sure!

I have been trying to find one of those for years now with 0 luck. There are sites that list it, but none of them have one in their actual inventory. I am going to contact MB Quart/maxxsonics directly and beg for them to look thru their warehouses and storage to see if they have one someplace in a dusty corner. for some reason this amp is a rather rare piece and i cant even find any private sellers. its like a damned collectible that ppl refuse to part with.
Currently I am running this amp for my speakers

and its totally awesome, but I still want more. im also planning to see if i can obtain one of the mb quart QSD216 signature series speaker sets. my friend has a set and he pulled them from his car and made them into monitors.:‘(:’(:cry:

Im a member of team maxxsonics…Give me a model number and i’ll see what I can find for ya, I have plenty of contacts at their HQ

The MB quart amp has literally 111x the distortion of the Zapco.

The Tube amp has 555x the distortion.

You do realize this right?

its called QAA4250. It hasnt been made for like 5yrs or so, this is back when quart was under rockford fosgate. they wrote me back and said they have no more left anywhere.

yea, but that millbert just sounds absurdly good. i never heard anything that nice and natural sounding before(other than real life instruments).

:crazy

Brother, when you hear it you will know. It’s expensive for a reason.

That reason being rich people buy expensive stuff because they believe its superior just because it costs more

in some cases thats true