this sure is an odd engine swap

http://albany.craigslist.org/cto/3799396770.html

Because Whitehall.

yeah, people are a little different out there. I had to go to a service call at a slaughter house out there a few months ago.

saw that and wondered why would someone do that

:expressionless:

Champlain Beef on 4?
Place reeks of dead cattle on a warm summer night.

That’s it. People are assholes there and there’s a million beaners working there

Im assuming the stock motor went boom, and the owner happened to have that one laying around or in a car in their yard and said fuck it LOL.

Place is sketchy as fuck. All the Mexicans live a few miles south of that place on 4 in an old brick farmhouse. Must be 20+ in that house. I think most of them work at the stone place down the road too.

Having to walk past/thru a ton of inside out cows to get to the scale was quite an experience too.

They have a row of tables with mexicans lined up on both sides cutting up the cows

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b28/skierdood/2BBE7A93-3843-47A4-936D-7C6420766023-5852-000005640D4AE557.jpg

Lol I understand making something with what you have kicking around by wtf is the point of spray bombing the entire engine silver

Because, fresh paint :rofl

well that motor will rust out of that truck before it dies lmao

I like at the end how he invites you to “come take a spin, you WON’T be disappointed.”

Pretty sure I’d be disappointed.

even a pos 4.3 has more power than that thing would. Probably like 65 hp.

Tires look decent…

I had to read some more to realize how weird it actually is. Dodge only made the 268 flathead straight 6 from 1930-33, I mean this engine was made during the fucking great depression, when WWII was going down… it was already old. And not to mention it only made a whopping 93 GROSS horsepower, it would be lucky if it would net 70. A modern 4 cyl econobox engine makes more power, basically about the same power as the tiny Honda D13. Also the fact that it is… uh 60 years older than the truck it was put in, and its already an old truck.

it says the motor is a 1951 in the ad

Well, they didn’t make a 268 in 1951.

This is the engine spec page from the 1951 Dodge 1 ton pickup brochure.