WTB: Ford or Chevy Pickup

Dad blew the motor in his '92 Silverado 1500 trying to get unstuck while plowing. Looking for either another motor or a new truck all together.

Anyone got anything in good condition for a couple grand? Like 3-4k? Snow plow is a plus as we have a long drive way which will take hours to snow blow.

You can get a replacement short block locally for 700 bucks. So after reconditioning heads and buying gaskets you could rebuild the engine yourself for a little over a grand.

A grand? Wow. I was thinking an American motor would be like $300-400 as they are so common (since we live in America).

I remember seeing VQ motors for the Maxima for like $350 in great condition. And a VQ is one of the best 10 engines in the world for like 15 years running now. Or was for at least 10 years.

I think my parents are leaning towards a new truck. I’ve found some F150’s and K1500’s for like $6k with low mileage and in great condition.

Tell ur pops to come to the auction with me

My brother in-law is looking through the auctions right now. He said he saw an 07 1500 with 2kmi, light hit in the front, but salvage go for $2,300 yesterday in NJ.

what kinda shape is the truck in ? your dads old one i mean ?

seein as i have a 350 sittin in my garage with no home lolol . nice easy transplant

It’s rusted in many many places…no radio…I think the defroster stopped working cause he puts a piece of big cardboard on the windshield so it won’t freeze over, etc. etc.

It’s a 1992 with 277kmi of hard work on it man. What kinda shape do you think it’s in? :lol

How much for the engine though? :lol

150 bucks and its yours

How many miles on it, condition?

60 k . ran great when pulled . i pulled the heads off as the valve seals were leakin but other than that needed nuttin but a headjob

And this is direct plug’n’play swap? Same exact engine he has currently?

My pops is interested John, so if this is 100% plug’n’play with no work necessary other than disconnect old motor, pull out, put new motor in, connect, profit this may be it.

I’m talking about a completely remanufactured engine, not used. The price John offered you is very fair/good for a good condtion used engine. I would definetly trust him as far as the condition of it.

Good to know. Once John confirms it’s a direct plug’n’play I think my pops would rather get that than replace the truck.

uwould need a samee yr p.c.m or the chip at least . change the motor mnts to the v8 ones, but all the other accesories and such bolt right on . the 4.3 is basically a 350 with 2 cylinders missing lol . the only other issue may be the fan shroud but if your handy and can trim well that is a easy fix . all the parts are easily sourced and cheap to man .

lol…150$ is cheep imo for even a true block, let alone something you can drop in and go…john is a good standing member and wouldn’t keep a junk anything laying around…go with john and he wont steer you wrong

Okay, thanks John. I’ll let you know.

Is the tranny plug’n’play John? Dad is asking. He sounds a bit unsure if he wants to get this due to it not being like his current one.

Theyre both 700r4’s/4l60’s so the tranny from a 4.3 will bolt right up since the 4.3 and 350 use the same bellhousing bolt pattern.

I dont think the tranny is electronic in a truck that old.