WTB: Ford or Chevy Pickup

Theyre both 700r4’s/4l60’s so the tranny from a 4.3 will bolt right up since the 4.3 and 350 use the same bellhousing bolt pattern.

I dont think the tranny is electronic in a truck that old.

150 dannnnnnnnnnnnnng do it

the trans is the same same one . it will bolt right up . if not and he dont trust it i also have the trans and transfer case out of the truck i pulled the motor out of . a pachage deal of 300 done

Nother question…how longs it been sitting?

I’ll give him all the info. Thanks John. They are leaning towards a new truck still due to the condition of the body on this one but if they don’t find anything they like, then who knows.

a couple months at most . i just tore the oil pan of and such last night just to make sure the bottom end was in good shape . its in great shape and clean as hell

Okay, thanks John. I will get in touch with you if they decide to buy it. My brother-in-law is looking for a truck for them right now on the auctions, so we’ll see how that goes.

Thanks again. +rep for you.

EDIT: I must spread rep.

i’de just buy a new truck there is so many on craigslist andif the body and frame are in rough shape… fuck it, plus if the truck was plowing so much its probably not straight

some people just get comfortable with a truck and want to keep it though.
I know a guy that has a '75 F150 that he bought new and the odometer has gone around several times and parts of it have been replaced over time and he’ll probably never get rid of that truck or the '71 F100 he has.

“because its an American motor” :lol

Why is that funny?

I would imagine there are more American motors sitting in junk yards than there is foreign. Especially for a truck. Why? Because there are more American trucks on the road than foreign trucks.

If a VQ motor (which is one of the best motors or was one of the best for 10+ years in a row according to ratings) goes for $300-400 used, I figured a motor which wasn’t on that list would be the same or less. Evidently, other than John, everyone else sells em for $1k+.

I paid $750 for a 4.3 out of a '97 Blazer back in '05 and that was the normal price for one then.

price of used autoparts from a yard is all supply and demand. If your joe shmo your gonna pay more also. John’s price is very good, if I was just going to a junk yard I would expect to pay about 500 bucks or so for a good running 350.

1998 ford ranger. 4.0l auto 112K 4wd extended cab, ac brand new tires, new pads up front, new battery, new plugs and wires.

body is decent, its a work truck for sure. 4wd works fine. heat shield is falling off and rattling. need some tlc but I have driven it for 5 months straight 60 miles a day to and from work and hasnt let me down at all. Still have that fiberglass cap for it too.

I was looking for $4K. If I took the time to clean it up and give it the tlc, it would sell for a bit more easy.

Thanks dude, but I my brother in law is currently in negotiations to buy them an 03 Ram. If that works out, that’s what he’ll be driving.

poor guy , your brother in law dont like your dad eh ? if he did he wouldnt be gettin him into a dodge

Dodge trucks are junk.

They can’t be that bad. My co-worker has one and he’s had it without issue for a while (I’ve been working there 5 years). He’s had more issues with his wifes Nissan Altima than the Ram.

My dad doesn’t drive much these days and he’s about to retire so. 3 or 4 plow sessions a year…MAYBE 10k miles a year…should be fine for what he needs it for.

Also, part of the equation is it’s the best deal. Your engine is the ultimate deal, but they won’t want to deal with the extra work.

My brother has had alot of trouble with his '05 Ram lately.
Front end parts keep wearing out, the tranny went and now something is screwed up with the abs.

Its only got 96k.

The Dodge trucks seem to rust alot too. Ive seen several of them with rotted out cab corners, tailgates and wheel wells. Im talking about 5-6 year old trucks doing that.

Pops got a 2003 Dodge Dakota 4x4 Quad Cab SLT (V8 Auto) with 65kmi on the clock for $2,500 at the auction. Needs both bumpers and a light.

For what he does, should be fine. Although I do hear they have front end (ball joints, tie rods, etc.) and transmission issues.

Thanks for looking guys and thanks for the offer John. We appreciate it.

Up for sale will be an alternator and a starter for a '92 Silverado K1500 motor (whatever it is) before we get rid of the truck as those parts are literally a month old.