those with z32 master cylinders

anyone running a z32 master cylinder with z32 fronts and stock rears? im really not happy with pedal feel with my stock master and im wondering if a z32 will make it easier to modulate the pedal. its not that my pedal is mushy, but if i tap the brakes it will lock up all 4

I have a Z32 master cylinder with Z32 fronts and stock rears and I love it. The braking is nice and gradual, its not like an on and off switch where you lock up the tires right away. The pedal feel is stiff and it grabs close to the top. I think I read on FA about how doing z32 fronts and stock rears affect brake bias, it only offsets it by about 5% over stock.

hmm you mentioned grab is close to the top. another thing thats bugging me is how close to the top my pedal grabs. i can lock up my brakes before the pedal passes the accelerator. in other words i cant heel and toe like this. any better with the 300 master?

Great question…Id like to hear some more opinions on this as well. My brakes are super touchy. If I literally tap them they bob my head. Your right it makes for a very annoying heel toe situation.

I just may try the 300ZX master for the hell of it. Not too much to swap out.

far as I remember the z32 m/c pushes more fluid per pedal travel, but has more front bias than the 240sx and z31

on that note the z31 or early 90’s pathfinder m/c is smaller in diameter and might achieve what you want with less force per pedal travel… if you have abs you’d want to block off the middle port

Just adjust the brake pedal. There should be a threaded rod you can use to adjust the pedal dead zone and height… or I could be on some good crack!

No, you would be correct. It would act just like the Clutch Pedal does when you adjust it (you further you turn the threaded rod away from the pedal and towards the MC, you get more pressure) so if they are already to touchy… then you loosen up that threaded rod so that there is not as much pressure going to the MC.

How well this will work I dont know… but its worth a try before you go out and find a Z32 Unit.

No, you would be correct. It would act just like the Clutch Pedal does when you adjust it (you further you turn the threaded rod away from the pedal and towards the MC, you get more pressure) so if they are already to touchy… then you loosen up that threaded rod so that there is not as much pressure going to the MC.

How well this will work I dont know… but its worth a try before you go out and find a Z32 Unit.[/quote]

ill do that right away thanks for the heads up. I should have thought of that, i was under there adjusting my clutch the other night and it didnt clue in.

i have a Z32 mc with Z fronts and stock rears…

my brake feel is very similar to what you guys are saying though… my pedal grabs high and it grabs hard.

i love how this is a big issue for people though…

“OH NOES MY BRAKES GRAB TOO HARDZ”

must be nice having cars that actually run well eh? i’d love for this to be my problem.

damn those brakes working so well…
are you guys just doing the heal and toe when you are coming to a stop or are you guys actually coming hard into a corner and need to heal and toe?

real men heal-toe at idle

Haha, I have another question for your Z32 MC bastages, where’d you GET the stinkin thing? Aside from ebay, I don’t want to buy any more ebay stuff ever.

ontario has a wonderful wrecker network… you have to call like 7 of them and they say they’ll check their nation-wide whatever and one will tell you there’s one in saskatoon for $110 or something like that

haha. i hate that. i usually give up and go to napa

Napa couldn’t get me shit. Neither could PartsSource, CT, that’s why I was asking. Only option I saw was dealer and ebay, neither of which I care for too much.

Make friends with a mechanic, I work at a CT garage and I can get anything at cost if I pay cash from my local supplier.

I got mine from a Wreckers but I did phone Napa and they said they could get me one so its strange why they told you they couldnt.

anyone running a z32 master cylinder with z32 fronts and stock rears? im really not happy with pedal feel with my stock master and im wondering if a z32 will make it easier to modulate the pedal. its not that my pedal is mushy, but if i tap the brakes it will lock up all 4

I have a Z32 master cylinder with Z32 fronts and stock rears and I love it. The braking is nice and gradual, its not like an on and off switch where you lock up the tires right away. The pedal feel is stiff and it grabs close to the top. I think I read on FA about how doing z32 fronts and stock rears affect brake bias, it only offsets it by about 5% over stock.

hmm you mentioned grab is close to the top. another thing thats bugging me is how close to the top my pedal grabs. i can lock up my brakes before the pedal passes the accelerator. in other words i cant heel and toe like this. any better with the 300 master?