Z32 Brakes

Now before anyone get’s all excited and tells me to go search… I’ve done a search…I know the parts…I know the prices…I know how to install.

What I want is some opinions and driving impressions from those of you who ACTUALLY have this upgrade on your car. (I do not want to hear about “stories”)

Please discribe your likes / dislikes with this mod and whether or not you would recomend it.

Thanks.

Yes people with the 4pot front calipers please give some feedback on quality/feel…

I’m doing this upgrade for sure… common sense really 2 pistons on each side of the pad will increase squeeze/stoping power.

BUT how many are using the stock 240 master cylinder? and have you ran into problems with the stock unit such as a soft/soggy clutch pedal etc… ?

Or is the 300zx Master Cylinder a must when switching to the front calipers.

Thanks

Jeff

I’ve got z32 F and R with stock S14 MC. Pedal feel is firm, nothing soggy about it. Braking is definitely firmer with hardly any brake fade at high speed. Stops like a MOFO.

Definitely worth the upgrade. The only bad part is rigging the parking cable.

Z32 fronts with stock S13 rears and stock S13 ABS MC on a non-abs car. Stock pads out front and Axxis MM out front. Performance is good on the street but at the track the brake bias is a little funky. Doesn’t really matter if your running good tires.

need more rear bias

S14 w/ 265s in the rear.

Changing pads is easy, no need to remove caliper.

No real need but I still would… Just to give everything a quick inspection and check all the TQ. Specs.

im talking more about having a set of track pad and street pads.
you could eaisly change the front pads within 2mins if the front was jacked up and wheels off. Swap to a track pad when you get there. and then when you are done you can just swap back to street ones. Kinda like having street and track tires.

Stupid question but I’ve never seen it adressed. Is there any difference mounting this setup on an ABS equipped car? Fittment issues or otherwise?