thought i killed the honda

so my alternator started making loud banging noises and i ignored it for the last 2 weeks, today that bitch seized right up , mad smoke started pouring from the hood . Just glad it wasnt the timing belt :eek3 I pull the broken belt out and made it all the way home with no alternator :bowdown happy ending except guess what im stuck driving until i fix it…

Yet another reason why:

-You shouldnt work on a car
-You shouldnt drive a car
-You shouldnt own a car

Have a nice fucking day :slight_smile:

:gay2:spam:spam:spam:spam:spam:spam:spam:gay2:gay2

What chassis Honda do you have? Alternator can be a real pain on EF chassis and I believe EG, but the good news it’s usually cheap.

Driving at night becomes tricky without the alternator, it becomes a choice between being seen and moving :lol

I remember changing an alternator on an older Accord and needing to take the front suspension apart to get to it.

On Crx/Civic EF chassis, either IM, Master cyl, or axle have to come out. Not fun.

Move the brake master FTW!

I remember when my shit died.I took the hood off to fit a normal size battery in there and blew it home at night.

haha it shoulded be that hard its 97 civic 1.6

Doesnt that same belt turn your w/p???

na timing belt does

Ahh ok, i was gonna say, your engine prolly nuked itself lol

I drove 40 minutes with no serp belt in my moms 97 caravan… made it into the garage right as it ran out of voltage. That car still runs like a champ, lol

seeing smoke bellowing from under your hood is never good.

well now i hear there is a trick to changing the alt. remove wheel, and wheelwell shroud, unbolt alternator and push out of the way, then unbolt the bracket so the alternator can be finagled out. Anyone else use this method? What a poor design.

I remember when no one knew how to work on a honda.