Changing teh alternator advice

Hey guys, it’s nice out tomorrow and I borrowed my buddys ramps so I’m gonna go and try to change my alternator.

My main worry is about the belt… what exactly do I do with it? I don’t have any experience working on cars…Is it hard to get it to work once I bolt the new one on ? I guess I have to adjust how tight it is… but what exactly do I do ?

its a piece of cake, some words of advice, on a ka24e, remove intake pipe, radiator shroud, battery, move fusebox over, so that nothing is in the way, make sure you do NOT DROP bolt that secures ground to alternator, it takes forever to find it when u drop it in the engine bay, if its your first time its a 2-3 hr job, tighten the belt using tensioner bracket so that you can hardly move it with 2 fingers, dont be afraid and just do it… good luck 8)

It’s a real pain in the ass, but fairly straight forward. Hopefully none of the bolts are rusted in place or seized up. I found it easier to go about removing it from the bottom when i removed mine.

Thanks guys, I changed it today and it went fine. Took forever since everything was rusted as hell.

It was probably the same as my first 240, it took about 3 hours to get the thing out, it was seized up so bad.

WD-40 for teh win!!

lol when i took mine out, the bolts that had the bracket werent even tightened for some reason, i just pulled them out, they werent snapped, it looked like the previous owner put in too much bolt lube and it expanded with heat and pushed the bolts out over time, that was the noise i heard and the reason why i cahnged my alternator