Thruway tolls increase in January

The money they were talking about was in maintaining the actual booths, keeping people there, paying them their rediculous union salaries and benefits for a job that a little chunk of plastic on my windshield can do.

I don’t think you’ll see the GI bridge tolls ever go away. It’s very common to have a toll for a bridge to pay for the bridges upkeep. What got the 190 tolls removed was the fact there was no point to having them other than keeping people on the state payroll.

It’s all so clear now :slight_smile:

Welcome to The People’s Republic of New York. :slight_smile:

http://www.wgrz.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=54058

Why for the love of god to they not round to the nearest nickle. :picard:

Everyone should pay in pennies again for it all.

I love how many toll both collectors get paid $75K a year. I’m glad all the schooling and training is to be had to justify a high salary for such a difficult to accomplish job…yah a fucking retarded monkey could do that job.

I really hope that’s a WGRZ mistake caused by them simply adding 10% and not taking into account rounding. What a PITA if they have to start giving pennies as change. I’ve got EZPass, but it will still make the lines that much worse.

i use ezpass so it doesnt bother me… but fawk handing out pennies @ the toll booths? tolls should be in 25C increments… some places thye loose $ some places they gain $$ but i bet if you did a six sigma study of .01 increments vs .25 the .25 would come out ahead in time savings alone

um retard monkeys do that job already. You wouldnt complain if you were getting paid 75k year to do it would you lol?

Keep thinking that. Adding pennies to the transaction is going to greatly increase the time per vehicle and we’re all going to get screwed because traffic will be backed up far enough that you won’t be able to get to your ezpass only lane.

Until I see something official from the thruway authority I’m going with my theory that this is just a case of WGRZ not bothering to look up the real price and simply adding 10% to the current prices. It’s been a while since I’ve seen an actual toll ticket but playing with the toll calculator at the thruway website I can’t find a single toll that isn’t rounded to a nickel. I really doubt they would drop that rounding. It wouldn’t be the first time NY did something stupid though.

i meant the pennies only part… not that part… that being said i went from taking the 90 to work to taking the 33 and getting off at dick road to save the $ each day… and its actually quicker (i work @ ingram, live downtown incase your wondering)

Hey dont complain about toll. They have property tax on motor vehicle in VA. The state will get you one way or the other.

Exactly what I’m thinking about.

i wish they would give out figures for a triple axle truck pulling a triple axle trailer…