It's official, no more 190 Tolls

http://www.wgrz.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=42171

The fight to end the tolls on the Niagara section of the Thruway ended Monday morning with a unanimous vote by the State Thruway Authority to stop collecting tolls at both locations.

I’m shocked. Something actually got done in WNY politics.

Taking money from WNYers has always been like taking candy from a baby, maybe we are finally being less of a push over.:tup:

So far Brian Higgins gets my :tup:

:tup:

Now to deal with the rest of them…

:tup:

those are my least favorite tolls in the whole city. I don’t mind the tolls on the 90, because usually it’s 15 cents or i’m going somewhere far, and i can plan for it. But those two 190 tolls i would always run into just driving around, heading downtown or whatever. This will make me very happy.

yeah, i just drove by the toll booth by the scajaquada and saw the news people there…yEEpeeee.

when will they stop collecting?

Nice move Higgins, lets hope we get some development on the water front now.

Yeah they really were unfair. $.75 was way too much to charge just to go 4 miles. It was a crock.

I agree it is a B.S. toll, but if you want to see a rape scene then drive around Orlando.

You wanna see my rape scene? Come to NY :frowning:

now i dont have to go out of my way to avoid the ogden tolls going to work

IB4GrandIslandTollsGoTo$1

Try driving through NYC with a trailer, 4 axles is soooooo expensive.

:word: That shit is crazy.

How are they going to work this?
So can you just drive through that skinny little toll booth lane at 55mph?:biglaugh:

Been there and did that for a year. Not in NYC, but all around it especially heading to L.I.

I worked and traveled to L.I. twice a week and one round trip there and back to N.J. was $14.

FUCK that place too.

now, if they can just elimiate the G.I tolls, id be happy…atleast for residents. I dont pay much, but it still sux that i HAVE to pay, to go home.

I agree it is a B.S. toll, but if you want to see a rape scene then drive around Orlando.

^^yes, i agree, first time i was ever driving fown there, it seems like a toll every 5 minutes, and the price just kept increasing.

No, it is 8 days before an election. :shrug:

Someone needs to get a web cam there ASAP!

I don’t know man, you guys have no idea how lucky you are, even with the 190 tolls.