It's official, no more 190 Tolls

yea i got my EZ pass statement with my NYC trip tolls…HOLY FUCK…I feel fo ru howie…its cost my Finaces brother 11 bux for the Deleware Water a Gap towing his car…and thats outside NYC

thank god.

i go downtown a lot now and this shit is fucking irritating, especially when the 33 is the other option and it doesnt have a toll…yet its far far away

The whole point of them ripping down the tolls is that there are no other spots in NY along the 90 that charge like that. Im sure NY has alot of bridge and tunnel tolls and shit for sure.

:tup: no more .75c every morning. That just made my day

75 cents was ridiculous to go through those tolls, especially when none of the money was used for WNY

This will probably piss you guys off.

My neighbor is a toll taker. He told me it’s been a big joke at the thruway for at least 5 years that those tolls should be removed. I guess they cost more to staff and maintain than they actually take in, but they stayed in place to be a bargaining chip for contract negotiations.

And I wouldn’t give Higgins much credit on this because he simply joined the bandwagon. The lawsuit by Carl Paladino, and the resulting fact finding, is what brought these tolls down. If anyone deserves a pat on the back it’s him.

As for when they stop collecting, it’s immediate. If you go through it right now it should already be free.

JuicedGT is right. not only they increase at every exit it must be exact change!
I’m glad… now we can cruise the 190 with out paying tolls

so when do they stop collecting?

you guys are getting way too excited way too early. they will only stay down if some how we can continue to provide the 14 million in revenue they produced.

i bet they are staffed again in a year or so

the 190s tolls were originaly put in so that they could pay for the thurway construction.

by now they could cover the whole 190 with quarters

I notice this morning that they put up temporary signs for the speed limit. Kicks down to 45 then to 25. I bet it stays 25 to get through those booths unless they end up taking them down.

lol so now theyre just gonna have troopers sitting there nailing people for speeding through the booths. not that ive ever been pulled over for that before or anything :gotme:

coming from the 400 to the 90/190 signs stated 25mph and troopers were already sitting there at 7:50 this morning.

There are usually troopers hanging around them though…I doubt they are going to start ticketing people right off the bat like this…

Normaly I only see 1 trooper as I travel threw there everyday. Today I saw 3 so take that for what its worth.

well its just gonna take one idiot @ 55mph to go smack

I just went by there the opposite way along the river. There are work crews chopping up some of the concrete. 2 lanes open traffic backed up to Ontario street. Going to be fun in the morning.

i just went throught that dam toll an hour before they closed them…I WANT MY MONEY BACK

Higgins did get the waterfront out of the NFTA’s hands not too long ago either.

lol fuck orlando the toll onto sanibel island is $6 each way