It's official, no more 190 Tolls

So they’re going to stop collecting but leave the barriers? I wonder how many times per hour local retards or out of town people will come to a complete stop at them and try to figure out why nobody’s taking their money, thus causing routine accidents and traffic jams.

even when they collected the tolls i drove thru at 60 i have an iPass thing. same as your easy pass… but we have whats called open road tolling where you don’t have to slow down to go thru the toll it will read it no matter how fast your going… i think i took justin o1audis4 when i went thru 1 of them at 60 and it still reads it… it says “EZ-PASS GO!” but i always take the WIDE LOAD lane just to be safe…

also how much is your grand island toll with the EZ-PASS? it cxharges me 68 cents which is 7 cents less then if i were to just pay coins…

eh that would be me… but my V1 takes care of that… but i only go thru the grand island one. i don’t go that far to 190…

Shitty part is, this whole take down the tolls is only temp. They are gonna see how much money they lose from not having them, then they will either A) Put them back up, or B) Find another way to take our fucking money.

But those are a fuck of a lot wider than the toll barriers around here. I got $100 bucks that says someone will smack one this winter. Most likely caused by my earlier scenario: “Why the fuck are you stopping?! swerve to other lane Fuck I’m sliding! overcorrect Goddam this is like threading a needle! smack!

No, they’re leaving them up because they’re an architectural asset to this city.

i used to fly through the e-z pass lanes too, but one time i got letter in the mail warning me to slow down cuz they clocked me at 25mph and said if it happened again i would get a speeding ticket. i was like WTF??

i’ve never heard of anyone else getting something like that before tho…

:lol:

The toll was actually COSTING THE STATE more than it was BRINGING IN.

Grain elevator reference notwithstanding, the barrier is coming down in the spring. They don’t have time to take it down before winter and I’m sure they don’t want to be in the middle of a big road construction project at the end of Lake Erie in the middle of winter.

Thats happens a lot.

The point of the low speed limit doesnt have to do with how fast the senor can read the tag, but for the safetly of the workers who have to walk across the lanes.