Time to bring the bike out... for a bit

Woot Woot. Supposed to be up in the mid 40s Thursday and Friday and the bike will be coming out of storage (temporarily). It’ll be a chilly ride into work at 6am but it will be worth it come 3:30p:banana

I hate you.

strongly tempted to take it to work tomorrow.

32* when I leave though…I might have to pass

oh come on. I leave at 6ish and its only supposed to be 28*. It will be worth it… lol. Proper gear makes the cold barely noticeable.

Picked her up a couple hours ago and damn did she sound good. Its going to be a little bit of an uncomfortable ride tomorrow b/c I forgot to wear my new jacket/pants in so everything is extremely stiff still.
Here she is… on a very narrow patch of non-ice in my driveway.
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f367/offroadzj/2011-02-16_17-26-08_834.jpg

Don’t mind the crappy cell pic

LOL, good for you man.

maybe the dumbest thing ive seen…no one is watching for bikes and the roads suck with salt n shit…why would u ever even chance it??

because some of us seriously miss riding?

I’ve ridden in colder weather. It sucks. It’s worth it though. You can bet your ass if the TL was registered I’d be riding this week. Jealous d00ds.

I’d rather wait 3 more weeks and ride for the next 7 months than go out now, be miserably cold, get the bike covered in salt and risk getting hit because people can’t see past the snowbanks and there is ice on the roads.

The positive side of it is that I go to work at 6am so there aren’t many cars on the roads. I scoped out the roads yesterday to get a “general” idea where the wet spots were. It was actually a very easy ride in today… the new scorpion jacket/pants worked wonders keeping me warm. If you are careful and know not to ride hard, it really isn’t that bad riding in the cold. Yes you have to be extra alert of your surroundings, but take it easy, drive defensively, and there really isn’t much more of a chance of going down than any other day.

Oleg, not trying to start a war here (i think you are a good guy) but if you really think the snowbanks are going to change at all in only 3 weeks you are dreaming. We are probably going to have these suckers blocking views for at least another month and a half - 2 months. And if you wear the proper gear, you really aren’t very cold at all. I was actually warmer this morning than I’ve been in my car without heat. And getting salt on the bike just means you gotta clean it.

On the other hand, if you ride like an idiot and ride hard then you are almost guaranteed to go down.

Snowbanks blocking view in the middle of April? Come on. The only snowbanks we’ll have by then are going to be at the mall parking lots, third week of march most snow is usually gone and we are steady in the 50s. If I recall last year by first week of march it was already getting warm and roads were clean. Personally, I don’t have the gear to ride comfortably below 50, and I’m usually a bit rusty after a winter, so I prefer not to stack the odds by going out this early in the year. But I’m only speaking for myself.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m envious of anyone that gets to go out and ride right now, but I still think that it’s unwise.

30*

Gonna have to wait til march

I wanna ride, if I could psychically get my bike to the road I would have =(

I was being sarcastic about april because all of the snow we’ve gotten… but I think its goinggto be a little more than 3 weeks for all this to go away;especially with most of next week being cold

i have the same bike. 06 r6s.

What exhaust is that? supertrap?

hr1 riot

im going out riding to day to nice to pass up.

I used to ride the motard when the weather was like this because, well, it was a motard and I didn’t give a dead mooses last about dirt/mud/salt getting on it.

A sportbike though? Ehh…

just means you’ve gotta give it a few extra baths and keep the chain well lubricated

i pick up my R1 tmrw, sold my truck recently therefore im riding it home! Going to be freezing, but its only about 5-6 miles.

p.s i saw you at stewarts in voorheesville that day, i knew the bike looked familiar