When Is It Time To Put The Bike Away For The Season?

Oddly enough, this is my first time riding in the Fall. I’m probably gonna stop going on weekend rides soon, but I want to continue my 5 minute commute to class for as long as I can before it either (a) gets wayyy too cold (low 30’s) or (b) they start putting salt on the roads. So I’m trying to estimate how long till that happens.

In the past, when have you guys stopped riding?

Thanks

I’ve ridden in January. Get a good pair of gloves and leathers. Be careful about the salt and ice. :dunno

me also. ive ridden at least once in all 12 months of the year before.

5 minute commute id keep it road ready year round, those days it gets up to 40 and they havnt salted the road in a while you can just take it that day.

When it starts to snow, that’s when I am done riding.

I’m still on a search a good snow tire and proper winter insulation.

Granted most of the winter there isn’t physically snow on the road lanes. Do you mostly have to worry about cold and lack of traction.

i rode in january of this year. bike is on the road all year, you never know when its going to be 50 out and sunny with dry roads!

As soon as salt gets put on the roads I tuck her in for the season. The cold doesn’t bother me but cleaning salt off the bike every time I take it out gets annoying.

This. I rode at least once every month this year and I didn’t put the bike in the garage until December last year.

Pretty much these two for me.

I’ve had mine out in February…but it’s a pain to clean if you get salt on it.

When it gets to cold for me personally I stop riding and put the bike in the house, makes modding over the winter so much easier!

Hear, hear!

That too:crackup

This weekend shouldn’t be bad for riding. Mid 50’s is the new 70’s :rofl

I rode last night and plan on getting out this weekend as well. Hopefully the sun comes out at some point.

Took mine to work this morning.

i’ll leave it ready for oct/nov, but when it gets cold in late nov i’ll definetly put it away and put the battery on a tender.

with my luck i’d never have it out dec - jun and i’d have a dead battery

Went for a short ride yesterday, it was just above freezing. It was actually not bad, I can see myself doing a much longer ride if I have better gloves.

I put mine away the Sunday before Thanksgiving. My hands couldn’t handle the cold.

Will be out riding this week probably. Good gloves, boots, socks… all ya need.

$40 thermo suit at Motorcycle superstore