Time Warner Cable Tech's Are Teh SUCK

I shouldn’t say all of them, but yetserday afternoon I had a bad experience with their install work that was done. I didn’t happen to be at my house at the time, my brother was and simply let the guy in to the work and leave.

I come home around 6:30 to see that the cable guy had come to do the cable install and the internet (woo hoo!). I first notice immediately there is a new cable ran on the opposite wall I wanted it ran. I had already ran a cable to where my digital cable box was going to be set up (The opposing wall has no outlet, hence why I had ran the wire on the side that had the outlet!!). I now have a cable that was NAILED into brand new trim work I had just finished the week before and drapes over my fire place and to the cable box!!! I can understand the benefit of the doubt that there may have been an issue with the cable I ran for whatever reason but why wouldn’t you take it out and run the new cable the way I had it ran??? I also notice a brand new area rug I had laid down was trampled over by the technician as well, which thanks to him will now have to be steam cleaned!!! I walk into my computer room to see NO INTERNET! (hooray for awesomeness!)

I call up TWC and express my aggrivation. I get a lot of “I’m sorry sir, I’m sorry sir.” I myself had a long a day and simply did not want to hear a guy that is only paid to say “sorry” who truly is not and doesn’t give a shit so I simply say “At the end of the day, you’re not sorry, you’re only paid to say that, you don’t care. Please put me in touch with a supervisor so I can fix this problem” It gets me nowhere. I let them know i’d be stopping to speak with someone in charge the next morning to clear up the issue.

I come into TWC this morning and demand to speak with a supervisor. I express my aggrivation and request for a supervisor to come to the house take a look at his technician’s poor workmanship and to fix the problem immediately.

Enough expression of your dissatisfaction with a service will get you somewhere. I have the supervisor coming out personally on Friday morning to make the proper repairs and provide me with internet and I also got my first 6 months of services for $32.00 a month. I think overall after the headache I had to deal with they do a great job of keeping you satisfied.

the person on the phone had nothing to do with the shotty work, so don’t take it out on them. Sounds like they handled it great… even though you were being a cockface :smiley:

I heart Time Warner

I wasn’t taking it out on them. They asked what was wrong, I told them. I’m not going to accept crappy work so explain how I was being a cockface

(or is this sarcasm on your part that i’m not picking up on because its duh inzernetz)

Wait till they start imposing badnwidth caps with per-gigabyte quota on overuse.

I’ll believe it when I see it

Thankfully when we got our cable done not too long ago there were no such issues, and considering the ridiculously old and messy computer they hooked it up to they did a great job.

http://features.yahoo.com/webceleb/carrey/jim4.jpg

They’re already “testing” it
http://www.electronista.com/articles/08/01/17/time.warner.bandwidth.cap/

being a dick on the phone to customer service in anyway is being a cockface. You can easily get your point across without yelling at them or giving them attitude. ie: being a cockface.

which you sounded like you did with the whole “your not sorry, you don’t care, you get paid to say that” part of your story. We’ve all been guilty of it at least once.

Still don’t care and I wont start caring until I have a reason to… like it shows up on my bill. It’s foolish to worry about it now.

edit: HAHAHA article is almost a full year old and I still haven’t seen or heard anything about it. Ya, def don’t care

Most techs that come to your house are not actual employees of Time Warner, they are any number of separate outsourced companies that work for Time Warner. So… that’s all I got for you.

Just blame Chris for leaving them there unsupervised, it’s way easier.

Not saying you have to start running in circles crying doom and gloom, just giving a heads up. Forewarned is forearmed.
As far as the article - its a test, like I said. All major companies are looking into cutting their costs this way. If it does happen they won’t make a big deal out of it, you’ll just get a new contract notice at best.

No, i’m being honest. Why would someone care? It’s not his problem. I’m not being a dick, I’m getting to the point and trying to get passed by the customer service who I don’t wish to speak with anyways. If I was yelling and being an asshole to the customer service rep. I would of said that.

http://www.chicagogigs.com/images/content/larry-the-cable-guy535936.jpg

telling them that they are not sorry when they just said “I’m sorry” and telling them that they are just saying that cause they get paid to is being a cockface.

Think what ya will I guess. Me being a “cockface” got me a discounted bill for the next 6 months though.

cockface

You love cock’s in your face.

whats the rate before this added discount? Isn’t the rate for the first 6 months reduced already?

TW has taken care of me everytime I’ve had and issue and I’ve never been a cockface. Their customer service the best that I’ve ever had to deal with.

They took care of me too. I asked not speak with someone in customer service. I didn’t say “fuck you, guy, put me through” I have a guy spitting a bunch of reasons why he thought his technician did what he did, I politely disagreed and he kept giving me the sorry pitter patter story they’re “Supposed” to give. I got tired of listening to it and asked to speak with a Supervisor. How is that wrong?

Fantastic you have great experiences with them. Hopefully this is the only bad experience I have with them too.