Time Warner DVR Question?

I just got Time warner and wondering what the best settings are for a HD widescreen tv would be? Is there anyway to get the guide to go into widescreen while on a HD channel?

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

Also I have a Sony tv. When I have the ratio on 4x3 on normal stations the tv show fills the whole screen and then on 16x9 it only fills the middle of the screen.

16x9, 720p only selected.

standard will only come up 4x3 (sidebars) HD will be 16x9 (full screen)

You can stretch so standard fills the screen, but its doing nothing but stretching the picture to fill the side gaps. Looks like shit IMO.

TW has remote DVR also. You can set it up at https://myservices.timewarnercable.com/ then under MyTV tab. They have a mobile version as well.

edit-make sure the box is on 16x9, the sony should be on normal… Goto 740 and change the tv’s aspect until it fills the screen.

What about just having the 1080i selected?

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

I put it on 1080i only and 16x9 and the guide still comes up with the bars on the side on HD and standard stations.

It’s public now? I thought they were still testing with employees?

I’ve used it already. Its nice if you forget to dvr something.

Guide is stuck natively in 4x3 and probaly will be for a while. Same problem on fios.