Tint Shopping...seeking advice...please help!

Hey guys,

I’m looking for a good tint place around the area to do the front two windows on my Trailblazer SS. For my past 3 cars i’ve been to Tint King on central ave and they do awesome work. But i’ve noticed that the tint they use has a kind of wierd green hue to it and is somewhat more reflective and doesn’t really match to well with factory tinted glass. I had the front two windows on my explorer done and my dad got his escalade and sierra done there and you can tell the match is a little off. I was thinking about either Showroom Car Care in scotia or Ziebart’s or central. Anyone with a truck especially that has had their fronts done please chime in. If i were getting a whole car done i would definitley go to Tint King hands down becuase then it would be uniform and all match but my dilema is that i need a basic charcoal tint that will best match my factory tint. So anyone have any experience with Ziebart or Showroom?

PS, i have had a bad experience with tint star and infamous so i prefer not to go there, don’t mean to offend anyone by saying that, its just where i stand at the moment, so they are not possible options to me at this point.

Thanks,
Frank

Tint King on central ave matched the factory tint on my GMC perfect. They are using lumarr(somthing like that). My truck is a 4-door so the back doors had factory,and the fronts had nothing.

I know they use llumar, but they type of film is not a standard charcoal. Even the guy at showroom car care when he saw my civic said the film was different and was way more reflective then a standard film. I can see the difference when i look at both my dads trucks during the daytime. I’ll have to take a pic to show you what im talking about if i get a chance. But really im just curious to see if anyone has had a bad experience with Ziebart or Showroom. I don’t mind trying a new place, plus its only the front two windows which cant be that hard to do. My freind got his civic done at ziebart and it looked good, anyone know what type of film they carry there?

Dan Lanphear at Tint Star does awesome work and stands behind it. A couple of guys on here have used him and can vouche.

I prefer not to go to tint star, i had a bad experience with them the first time and it got me to the point of no return. I know alot of people say they have gone there and have had good experiences but maybe i was just unlucky but i WON’T go back there. I don’t mean to bash the guys work or anything but its just a personal thing. Im wondering if anyone has used Ziebarts or Showroom Car Care, and how they like their work.

just an FYI, Tint star was not in Dans hands for a bit. but now he is back in control of all aspects of the company. and he has been doing all of Ziebarts tinting for a while. so if you like their work, you like Dans work.

i know of countless cars that Dan has done(personally) and all came out great, the GTO in my garage is one of them

^^ Oh good to know. That could have something to do with the unsatisfactory job i got when i went. But is tint star still open? I drove by several weeks ago and it looked like the inside had nothing in it and it said space available on the front windows.

i had mine done by glass masters. no problems and looks good so far.

We gave Tint Star a chance at Langan and their workmanship is less than acceptable and we had several customers return their cars to be re-tinted. Tint Star would blame us or say the windows were put down (when they clearly hadn’t been) and wouldn’t warranty anything. We have been using Tint King for years and no longer outsource our tint jobs to anyone else. They’re the only tint company in the capital region that actually uses a machine to cut the tint to match your windows as opposed to the old fashioned roll of tint/razor blade method. Guaranteeing smooth edges and exact fitment on every application. Tint King would be my recommendation if you can live with the tint not ‘exactly’ matching.

i agree. herd nothing but good things about tint king

This.

Dan at Tint Star did my car for an awesome price. I am happy with the job, he even managed to get the dot matrix right… something on Cobalts that is VERY hard to do. I have heard many horror stories about the dot matrix on my car. I got it done during the middle of winter, and here we are in August and it looks exactly like the day I got it done. Actually looks even better since it has dried.

how much did it cost you for your car? a friend of mine wants to get her g5 gt done…

When I worked for Dan tinting windows he used to prefer cutting them out by hand rather then with the machine was because more times then not the machine wouldn’t cut properly or accurately. They aren’t full proof to work and didn’t always cut crisp edge either. I know from my personal experiences and working under him, he always stood behind his work and always did an awesome job. I recommend Dan to anyone who is looking for inexpensive and quality work.

Well Dan tints for ziebarts too, i think im going to take my truck there for tint on monday, and im just going to tell them if its anything less than perfect i’ll refuse to let it leave. I looked at my friends civic today that they did and it looked alright, minus some air bubbles. I’m getting the biggest headache over this lol. Tint kings installation is pretty much flawless with minimal to no air bubbles but like i said the tint could match a little better. Who knows i might just end up taking it there again and just sticking with my original shop that i know does great work haha.

My buddy videl use to tint at infamous and was rated the best tinter in the north east when they went to some competition. I know he use to help out dan at tint star but not sure if he is even still there

That the short hispanic looking guy? He is really good at tinting, he did my old Z24 and it came out excellent.

stockcarboy had his beetle done at showroom car care, and his tint looks pretty much perfect. never heard a bad thing about them, and they’re prices seem very competitive.

As long as tint king is open, they will do every car of mine and of my families. Every car they do is flawless and they stand by the job they do.

I just had my car done by Tint King a few days ago and it is perfect. Couldn’t ask for more.