Tips for First time Rider

I am rebuilding my Dads old Bike, its a 1979 Suzuki 750GS, Its having the carbs done new brake and gas lines, and everything else needed to restore it from sitting since 1997.

I will be using full gear so that topics covered.

Im looking for tips from you experienced guys for a brand new rider.

I plan on taking it slow, learning the clutch around my block and then going to a local highschool parking lot and doing circles and figure 8’s getting smaller and smaller as i learn it better.

I know its a heavy and long wheelbased bike. so that is a challenge in of itself.

Thanks in Advance.

Take the MSF course.

It has been like 3-4 years since I stopped riding and figured I knew the ropes still but there was a lot that I learned that I didnt know.

Spend the 250 bucks and take the msf… trust me, its worth it.

take the msf course, and get seat time. ride with others that are experienced and are willing to teach you. you will learn more from experience then you will from any tip someone online has to offer.

try to not get the bump on your penor

If you don’t know clutch, I suggest getting a four wheeler to learn on. You will stall it like crazy, and with 4 wheels, you won’t have to worry about balance as well.

i kindly disagree, i learned how to use a hand clutch on my first bike. had it within a couple hours.

yea, if you understand how a clutch works, its no big deal.

When I first started I knew nothing about clutch, never drove a standard car…My buddy let me ride his bike…stalled it and dropped it.

Everybodys different though…

Learn clutch control on a bike you can have your feet planted with that way if you stall you don’t fall. Keep both feet down and just play with the clutch… seriously just take the MSF course you will learn all of that in about 15 seconds.

Wear a condom.

YES!

YES!

yes

yes

yes

find a woody, beg him to borrow his hog, find a willybeen, go to a parking lot, and cruise the country 20 minutes later.

PROFIT!

Willybeens are hard to find these days… :frowning:

one week… willybeen will be within 100 miles!

Never trust any other drivers intentions. Only your own. Also be aware of your surroundings. Don’t ever drink and drive a motorcycle, even if your within the legel limits, that is just plan stupid.