Tire help

Got my rims finally (SS silver 10 spokes 17x9)

My question is, for the rear, I’m definitely going with Drag Radials (BFGs). Just my question is, for a 9" wide rim, will I see much difference going with a 315 vs a 275? I’ve been told the contact patch isnt any bigger with a 315 on a 9" rim. So it’d be a waste of money.

nope we use 315’s they work the best & 9 1/2" wide!

Originally posted by Pewterss
nope we use 315’s they work the best & 9 1/2" wide!

I thought the SS 10 spoke/WS6 was 9" wide

and the ZR-1/Firehawk rim was 9.5"

Originally posted by BlueZ28
Got my rims finally (SS silver 10 spokes 17x9)

My question is, for the rear, I’m definitely going with Drag Radials (BFGs). Just my question is, for a 9" wide rim, will I see much difference going with a 315 vs a 275? I’ve been told the contact patch isnt any bigger with a 315 on a 9" rim. So it’d be a waste of money.

Im not saying a 315 bfg wont fit on a 9" rim but it is way to big for it. bfg’s run wider than most brand tires. i had bfg 315’s on a 10.5" rim and it looked perfect. if it would of been a 10" rim it would of bulged too much, anything less than a 10 would of looked stupid imo. if you want to run a 315 dr, nitto runs way narrow and fit perfectly on a 9" rim, if not bfg 275/40 dr will look tits

oh one more thing. the bfg 275 dr’s on a 9" rim will perform better than a 315 bfg dr on a 9" rim. the 315’s will be pulled too much creating a high spot in the tire even with very low psi. you wont have an even contact patch.

Originally posted by quiksilverado
i have a set of 10 spoke ss wheels and they are 17x9 and the minimum tire on them is a 275mm. so the 315 should tuck nice
what the hell do you have 10 spoke SS wheels for??? :dunno:

and Mustang Mike, when do i get my damn ride?

oh man i forgot! you got to look me up when your around. its going in again tomorrow for the irs bs. im hounding them until everything is tits

where in Pgh you at again?? i am at CAL U during the week, and North Hills on weekends.

Originally posted by Mustang Mike
Im not saying a 315 bfg wont fit on a 9" rim but it is way to big for it. bfg’s run wider than most brand tires. i had bfg 315’s on a 10.5" rim and it looked perfect. if it would of been a 10" rim it would of bulged too much, anything less than a 10 would of looked stupid imo. if you want to run a 315 dr, nitto runs way narrow and fit perfectly on a 9" rim, if not bfg 275/40 dr will look tits

I heard the same info nitto 315’s are as big as u can get on a x9 but if u got bfg;s ur not going to make it

Originally posted by Silver_WS6
I heard the same info nitto 315’s are as big as u can get on a x9 but if u got bfg;s ur not going to make it

nitto’s last longer and are usually cheaper but the bfg is a much better tire, looks and performance wise. i have ran both kinds and bfg wins hands down expecially in the drag radial department. besides a bfg 275 is just about as wide as a nitto 315 and probably cheaper too.