Drag radial questions

Ok well I finally got my hand on some GTO 17’s what size do you guys think I should go with on some ET Streets? I think the width of the GTO wheel is like 8" … and my original wheels were 18’s with 45 series.

also… Jegs most likely best place to buy em right?

JEGS OR SUMMIT WILL BE FINE . THE E/T STREETS ARE A GOOD TIRE . BUT ALSO SEE IF THEY HAVE THE M-H STREET RADIAL . ITS CHEAPER AND JUST AS GOOD OF A TIRE

I’m also wondering what width or sidewall size to get as well. I know some people go bigger or smaller than stock for certain reasons

And are the nitto 555’s just out of the question i see them listed also on jegs

555’s suck compared to MT and M/H.

Whats the stock gearing in your car? What gear and rpm do you usually cross the traps in?

275 40 17 will be plenty enough.

even a 245 would hook on your car.

went out 2-3 times with the 555s… theyre already wearing in - 10k my ass

Because youre at 50psi in them.

Nitto nt05r’s will be the summer rear tires for me in a couple weeks. For the track rub 275/40/17’s. The hoosier dr in that size is the best hooking.

I have 2.92 gears and Im just bouncing off 3rd at the end of the 1/4, I throw it over in manual mode and hold 3rd for that last little bit. Seems like I get my best times with that method.

26 inch tall should put you into 4th. 28 should keep you in third comortably.

I should prolly stay in 3rd right?

Yes

M&H racemaster has a 295/45/17. Id run that. If they’ll fit.

Should be coming up to Ticonderoga one of these weekends. I’ll be messaging you.

That might be hard to fit on a 8" rim lol

275’s with prolly a 35-45 would be all you can stuff under that pig. Stick with the Mickey Thompson et streets or the m&h’s

I’d go with the BFG-good mix of traction and wear.

I’d go with you probably wont spin any of them with 2.92’s and a stock torque converter.

Ive got BFG drag radials on my car and theyre horrible. It spins them way too easily. I never had that issue with the MT ET Streets.

I used to hook up a 600+whp Supra from a 40 roll with them-you’re doing it wrong.

Well I wanna be sorta set up for the future as well. Once the warranty is done I got some more plans for it. For right now it spins a little through the shifts and start, im really looking for 12s with just a intake an exhaust and im sure these will get me there