I need DR's

Ok so my car needs drag radials because it just spins the shit out of the street tires but I cant seem to find them in a size I want.

My stock tires are 225/55/16’s and Id really prefer the DR’s to be around that size, maybe a little wider.

The problem Im having is that I cant find DR’s with a 55 height. Im finding 245/50/16’s but I dont want the front tires being smaller than the rears.

Im planning on keeping the DR’s on most of the time since I dont drive the car much anyway. I sold the 15" DR’s I had because the wheels didnt match and I got an offer I couldnt refuse on them (thanks John). I want all 4 wheels to match and Im not changing the size of the front tires (cant afford to and dont want to).

Any idea where I can find what I need? Ive already tried Ebay, Jeg’s, Summit, Discount Tire and a few others.

just get the 245 50s, they are almost the same diameter as a 225 55. They are actually .1 in. smaller.

Id really rather not have them smaller at all though. Also it would look stupid having 225/55’s on the front and 245/50’s on the rear if anybody looked at the sizes.

The 245/50 Nittos drag radials are 25.67’’ OD just like the 225/55/16’s are. You’ll be fine!

why? the middle number is a percentage of the first number. nobody is going to be doing math while peepin your tires

How does a wider rear look stupid? :lol And who cares if they look at the tire sizes, as long as it looks good on the car fuck it. I ran 245/45/17 with 275/40/17 and it looked perfect.

exactly, it will look fine, perform fine, speedo will be fine, bitches will be ripping their clothes off chasing down the mustang… life will be good with 245 50s

I checked all my catalogs of DR’s and they dont have that size in any of them

no, a shorter rear tire would look stupid to me, not a wider one

anything with a 55?

And what about the Nitto Nt555r’s? Good tire or junk? It seems to be between them and the BF Goodrich g-Force T/A Drag Radial Original Tread’s. The Nitto’s are $30 cheaper.

doubtful

i run 255-50-16 buy my e/t streets and ill give ya mine jellies

Actually the BFG’s are 255/50’s and the Nitto’s are 245/50’s

mine are new . only 3 runs on em

what do you want for those?

i told ya lolol . buy me my e/t street slicks in a 26-11.5-16 and ill give ya mine

I just looked on Summit and those are $204 each + shipping and the tires Im looking at are $144 and $173 with free shipping.

And having my instead of me in your post confused me.

Sounds like youre keeping the car huh Paul?

sounds like it man

possibly
Either way Ive got the money for the tires put aside though so really it might not cost me anything to get them.

wanna trade cars paul , mine has dr,s on it now