Tire plug question

Is this too far down the sidewall for a plug?

http://www.pittspeed.com/uploaded/IMG_1344.JPG

yes,that tires nfg

f me

Thanks.

ok & ur welcome

technically if its one inch from the sidewall into the tread is the limit. AKA no where near the sidewall. ive done ones in the corner of the tread and the sidewall but that was pushing it. that one is way beyond where it should be

i would not repair it
i would replace it too

I’m so glad GM decided to go with a tire size that didn’t exist and has one tire available. Makes choosing easy at least! I think I’ll go with the $190 Goodyear Fortera instead of the Fortera. :slight_smile:

wrap some duct tape around it and call it a day. You people act like tires are an important safery feature on cars of some shit, pussies.

Nice. Found one at Stoystown Auto Wreckers for $65 with 9/32 tread. And wifey is headed to D.C. area tomorrow anyway so it’s only 8 miles out of the way.

I’m sure glad someone always says “car-parts.com” on here.

I’ve gone as close as 1 inch away from the sidewall. that there is just ludicrous

is it a bare tire, or a `tire on a wheel for 65?

I don’t know. It just showed up in the search for a 2007-2009 GMC Acadia “tire”. I assume it’s a bare tire. Wouldn’t a tire on a wheel cost more?

gmc acadia hahahaha i love when i see one come in all i see is $$$$$

Come in where?

im guessing he either works at a gm dealer or at a shop. lots of hours for little work.

ntb in lower burrell

I usually say that when a sable/taurus come in with brake problems.
75% with blown brake lines haha

is that a plug, or did a turd puncture your tire?

or when it looks like there is a ton in the trunk (rear coil springs broken)

I think its more then 8 miles out of the way,U can have them drop it here!