The car wont be making it to the lot tonight nor marcus dairy

I am real fucking pissed right now, after all the work I have done on my car to get it ready and all the extra $$ ive spent to have it ready to go…

I found a slow leak in my front right tire. I pulled the wheel off today and took it to firestone to have they patch or plug it. They were pretty busy so they wouldnt even look at it but firmly told me I had to drop it off and they would call me when its done. 5 hours later I get a call that they cant fix the tire because of their company policy not to touch anything “that close” to the side wall. I went over to pick it up and bring it somewhere else but when I saw the circle on the tire… IT WAS NOT THE HOLE. they circled an metal ‘flake’ or shaving that must have stuck to it from my garage. I pulled it out and it didnt even leave a mark behind. I asked if they even sprayed the damn thing to check for the leak, the one guy shook me off and another came around to take a look. He was a bit more helpful and grabbed a spray bottle and found where the leak actually was. It was still “too close” to the sidewall.

So after all that damn time I decide to hit up the next shop right down the road. I stopped in WARREN TIRE AKA Goodyear (right off exit 9 RT9)… I told them specifically 1. I have a leak I need plugged for 1 day only until my new tire comes in. 2. I need it tomorrow, if you cant do it today I will take it else where no sweat. 3. When asked why the tread was low I stated it is a racing tire and pointed out I wont be racing on it with the plug its just to roll around on. 4. I pointed out that the circle was not the leak and showed them where it was…they marked it.

So I give them my contact info and await their call.

I did not get called.

I drive over there at 5:30 to find the doors locked. My tire sits in the garage near the window with a new tire of a similar size sitting on top of it (they were obviously trying to check to see if it was a similar size) probably to attempt to sell me some piece of shit all season to replace my R compound tires!. WTF… I said its a racing tire. So here I am with my car up on fucking jackstands with an expensive tune after paying xenocron to drive his ass all the way up here Friday to get the car ready to go to the meet. I get screwed by some sorry fuck who cant make a phone call to tell me that they wont get to my tire today.

Right now I am calling they’re security company every half hour telling them its an emergency and I need to get in. The security company has been calling the emergency numbers of who I assume are the owners to try to get them to let me in but they are not answering their cell phones.

Im ready to burn the place down. I couldn’t be more pissed off.

What size is the tire? Is all you need is something to roll on to get to MD?

throw your civic wheels on it.

They have my tire AND rim. Even if I got a 15" rim there is no way anyone has a tire even close to 225/50 that will make it ride right.

wow what a bunch of lazy fucks, thats total bullshit

THE OWNER CALLED, CAME, AND LET ME IN!

apparently they did plug it, and she still charged me the 21 bucks. wow.

Good to hear that worked out.

why didn’t u plug it your self?

tell me about it. My adrenaline has been pumping for the last couple hours.

I would have done it myself if no one could do it today. I had some running around to do and didn’t really want to be bothered with buying the stuff and taking the time on it. I also had to set the timing on my car for the fourth time this month.

Fix a Flat?

Damn dude that really sucks. Lazy assholes…

+1
i’m so lazy i plug them on the car. then just go top the tire off. it’ll take less than 5 minutes to plug a tire. i carry a patch kit around in my trunk for this very reason.

that shit is way too much of a pita to clean off the wheels after.

Sure, if you spill it… I can’t see how you could though except for when you remove the little screw on cap thingy?

Dont let plugging a side wall scare you

On my old camaro when I had the 18" Vette wheels on…my back tires were 275/35/18 tires…There was a Hole in my sidewall so i brought it somewhere to have it plugged and same thing…no one would touch it. So i Said fuck it then, im doing it myself. Plugged it, and Its still in my attic on the rim holding air…Never had a single problem with it.

its not that it dont hold air its the sidewall is the weakest point od the tire no belts to hold plug in …so either plug could come out and expell air real fast or cause a very weak spot in tire and blowout thats why ya dont plug em in a bind ive done it but not for long

try cleaning it off the inside of the wheel afterwards.

ohhh i see, yeah fuck that lol

We plug at least 3 tires a day at the shop on our work trucks, usually nails and chit dont go thru the sidewalls , one of the tires seriously probably has 20 plugs in it and does not leak at all

car almost didnt make it home from marcus dairy…

eh, just a bad connection at the dizzy. I gotta find a good way to fix it.