Tire size?....

Hi, anyone know if 265 or 275/40R17 would fit the rear of an S13 hatchback. I’m planning on having 245/40R17 on the front, (already bought the tires); will I have any clearance issues?

Thanks in advance…

PS. anyone know a website from tire/rim calculations and fitness sizes. I need to know what rim width would fit the 275.

So you bought tires without checking if they’ll clear first? Smart.

245s on the front will require a bit of a fender tug if you have coilovers, 275s on the rear will need a little bit of a roll and possibly a pull, depends on suspension and wheel size.

Hi, thanks for the reply. At the moment I have Eibach Sportlines and KYB struts, and don’t plan on changing the setup. And when u say “pull” is that on the fender? If so where and how.

By the way (spd-dmn) for your information I got the pair of Falkin 451’s 245/40R17 for $240 no tax. Next time if you have noting usefull to add to the board I suggest you keep your “SMART” comments to your self.

Duly noted. I apologize.

And as for a tiresize calc, here is an excellent one: http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

ok if you’re using stock looking shocks then you have some more space inside and 245s should fit without pulling the fenders. 275s in the rear i’m not sure. For sure you’ll need to roll the lip inside the wheel arch and possibly pull the quarterpanels. I really cant visualize it. I had 245 falkens on my S13 but i dont remember how much space I had on the inside.

tell us the specs of your rims, there is no way we can justify if they will fit withought those specs.

On a non-related topic, 2slo240, please don’t tell me you’re getting the ass in your av. Because if you are, I hate you sooo much :stuck_out_tongue: