Wheel fitment Q's

Will 17x9.5 +14 rims fit on the front of my S13 240sx if I were to install 20mm fiberglass fenders? I would like to run 255 40 17 tires all around.

Any insight would be would greatly appreciated. :wink:

i think they should fit no problems

people on other forums seem to be running 18/9.5 +5 on stock s14 fenders

so 20mm fender should probably work

you could always bust out the calculator and figure it out.

theyā€™ll look hot but your rub when you turn

you might have to run 215ā€™s on front but i doubt it

215ā€™s on on 9.5" in rim??? that would be a super stretch.

no i donā€™t think it will fit. with 255ā€™s all around? not likely

17x9 +15 with 225 tires just clear the fenders front and rear and they are FLUSH, there is a tiny bit of clearance from the coiloversā€¦ what kind of suspension are you running? I donā€™t think itā€™ll clear the coilovers, and you will have to pull ur fenders severely.

I have 245/40r17 fronts and 265/40r17 back

Using the tire calculator I decided to choose the middle rage of rim width

So I plan on get 9ā€ in front and 10ā€ in the back.

Hope that helps good luck

Iā€™m not worried about the tires fitting, I just want a rim thatā€™s going to fill out 20mm fiberglass fenders and clear coilovers and large brakes.

I originally planned for 17x9 +15 but the wheel I wanted wasnā€™t offered this size.

Oh well, I just keep fiddling around with the tire calculator until something works.

Hereā€™s the link for those who might need it:

http://toy4two.home.mindspring.com/offset.html

a 9.5J +15 will fill out those fenders no problem, and then someā€¦ but chances are they will do some serious rubbing. Typically anything over 8" wide in front is going to pose some problems. Just do a test fit before you buy :dunno: or learn to not steer very much :wink:

i think you could run like

17x9 +10 up front and 18x9.5 +18 in back.

thatā€™d look pretty hot. but having it 17/18 there is a purpose and i donā€™t think you would need it like that.

So do you think 30mm front fenders would be better?