TireRack.com Experiences. (rant)

Anyone else have trouble buying tires in a different size than stock with Tire Rack?

I have ordered about 5 sets of tires from them over the years. With the past two sets of tires I have ordered I have had to deal with phone calls and emails in order to get them because they tell me it is the wrong size. The last set I purchased from them was for my TGP and the car has a factory size of 245/50-ZR16, so that was what I ordered.
I received a phone call the next day when I was at work and gave them a call the next day when I had off to see what the problem was and they told me they had never heard of 1990 Pontiac Grand Prix TGP and if there was one it came with 215/60-16. I told them to send me my tires, do some research and add the car to their list so it would be easier for us TGP owners to order tires in the future, but they still have not added it and it still only allows you to chose base or SE when you order tires from them. So whenever anyone with a TGP orders tires you have to answer a phone call or email and end 1 or 2 days out on your tires.

This time I have attempted to order tires for the Supra for winter, I went to a narrower tire and was looking for the size 205/65-14 but they do not offer any tires in that size, so went taller. to a 205/70-14 which is not that much taller and will likely work better for winter anyway. Now here come the emails and phone calls again, so this is what I sent them in reply to the phone calls and emails…

Does it seem to you guys like this was a legitimate complaint?

dont complain… theyre just doing their job… making sure you order the “correct” ones…

ive never heard of a GP tgp either/?? wtf is that. lol

[quote=“badazzss,post:2,topic:37593"”]

dont complain… theyre just doing their job… making sure you order the “correct” ones…

ive never heard of a GP tgp either/?? wtf is that. lol

[/quote]

Google ACS McLaren TGP and see.

Agreed, lots of idiots order the wrong shit and then get pissed off, they are just double checking. Which is why I never specify the vehicle when they ask or tell them “it doesnt matter”

see, im not a retard, and ive never heard of this, i dont care, and no im not gonna google it. i doubt most of the tire rack C/S people have or will either.

[quote=“01AudiS4,post:3,topic:37593"”]

Google ACS McLaren TGP and see.

[/quote]

[quote=“badazzss,post:5,topic:37593"”]

see, im not a retard, and ive never heard of this, i dont care, and no im not gonna google it. i doubt most of the tire rack C/S people have or will either.

[/quote]

http://www.turbograndprix.com/

For those of us who are too lazy to look here is a TGP
http://chux0r.org/images/tgp2b.jpg
http://chux0r.org/images/tgp1b.jpg
http://www.turbograndprix.com/blktgpbig_.jpg

It’s not to lazy, it’s a complete lack of caring.

[quote=“MPD47,post:8,topic:37593"”]

It’s not to lazy, it’s a complete lack of caring.

[/quote]

this is not off-topic, which brings me to the point of why post if you don’t care? Especially bullshit when this is Gen Auto?
Just reading the forum guidelines :gotme:

i ordered my tired from tire rack and have yet to receive them as well, hopefully soon, but i received no emails yet, but i’m looking forward to seeing one now.

Sounds like they’re going the extra length to double check. What IF you didn’t know better and you got the call so they made sure you got it straight. Thumbs up then, right? Ask them, instead, what or how you should request a tire without the issue, or find out what make and model those tires do belong to, and specify that car instead.

[quote=“XH TNTA,post:9,topic:37593"”]

this is not off-topic, which brings me to the point of why post if you don’t care? Especially bullshit when this is Gen Auto?
Just reading the forum guidelines :gotme:

[/quote]

We’re on topic regarding tire rack we dont care about the specifics of the car we were told to look up on Google because we didnt know what it was.

I have no idea what you people are talking about I have no issues ordering 285/60R17 for a vehicle that came with 245/75/R16 stock

you just do not give them a vehicle

I’m with MPD just order without a car selection and it’s not a problem. I’ve only ordered a rim & tire combo through Tirerack so I’ve never had this problem.

Sounds like its actually good service if you don’t know what you’re doing, bad if you do know what you’re doing and just want the damn tires ha.

See ur being kind of a dick though saying TGP… its not a TGP… its a 1990 grand prix STE only an enthusiast in that community will call it TGP, as that is not an offical name… thats like an integra person calling up and saying i have an acura DC5, and bitchign that they dot know what it is… so dont get your panties in a knot about that… they are doing their job in making sure they dont have to deal with returns… just DONT put in a make and model and hit the check box sayign you know what your doing.

[quote=“Viper966,post:14,topic:37593"”]

See ur being kind of a dick though saying TGP… its not a TGP… its a 1990 grand prix STE only an enthusiast in that community will call it TGP, as that is not an offical name… thats like an integra person calling up and saying i have an acura DC5, and bitchign that they dot know what it is… so dont get your panties in a knot about that… they are doing their job in making sure they dont have to deal with returns… just DONT put in a make and model and hit the check box sayign you know what your doing.

[/quote]

/thread

[quote=“Viper966,post:14,topic:37593"”]

[/quote]

And you have no idea what you are talking about. The Model is actually a TGP (Turbo Grand Prix) and it is it’s “Official Name”. The STE (Sedan Touring Edition)was a non-turbo Sedan. There also was an TSTE (Turbo Sedan Touring Edition). The only other acceptable term for a TGP is a (Grand Prix McLaren). An STE is not the same car.
And I tried to not put in a model and the web site made me put one in to continue on to the payment type.

I have a riding lawnmower. It’s official name is “Bob”

Been in the same situation. Guy kept telling me the size wont fit. I can see there side of the story but it did piss me off. I now either don’t put the vehicle or just use a different vehicle that uses the size I want.

[quote=“num482,post:18,topic:37593"”]

Been in the same situation. Guy kept telling me the size wont fit. I can see there side of the story but it did piss me off…just use a different vehicle that uses the size I want.

[/quote]

I agree now that this is what I should have done.

[quote=“Schema,post:17,topic:37593"”]

I have a riding lawnmower. It’s official name is “Bob”

[/quote]

http://www.lawnmowerbob.com/