TireRack has RE-01Rs on Closeout

This thread doesn’t really fit well in any forum, so I thought I’d put it here. TireRack is phasing out the RE-01R to make room for the RE-11, and has slashed prices on the RE-01R, some more than 50% off (for instance, 205/45-17s went from $177 to $88 per tire). Great buys for autocrossers or aggressive street drivers.

Thanks to Marnie over at roclife for making me aware of this. I already returned my Kumho Ecsta XSes and bought 4 of these.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Sizes.jsp?make=Bridgestone&model=Potenza+RE-01R

BOO on the lack of 19" front tires for me…

I thought about picking up some for spares, but read a few reviews and they suck compared to my OEMs.

Had them stock on the MS3, they were nice and soft and grippy, but I got very little mileage out of them…

What do you have for OEM tires on that thing? These are some of the best road tires available.

A048s

Oh, well. Yeah. They’re r-comp tires.

Great price, sweet tire.

What no 13" tires. Weak.

Checked to see what shipped price would be for the hell of it, but they’re all out of 245/40-17

All out of 245/40/18’s too… BOOO

Wow, $78 for the 225/45R18’s!

Ohhh man… you might be my savior!!!

Glad to help. I personally bought Kumho Ecsta XSes about 3 days ago, but I’m going to reject them on delivery and I’ve already ordered a set of these at $88 per tire ($32 less than the Kumhos, so even after paying double on shipping, I’m saving close to $100)

fuck! :frowning:

i might just get 235/40/18’s… they have those in stock

edit: or not… LAME

edit: god damn this was such a blueballs post… every size i’ve tried is not in stock

they have the 225s but not 245s i need… bah good prices though

:confused: I got mine ordered fine. These things go quick once they’re posted for sale.

yea, i know - thanks for the heads up just wish i didn’t miss it :frowning: i can’t do another autocross season on the stock sti tires they are such mush.

Nice thread, they are GREAT prices. It is funny how the funky sizes are even cheaper.

It is funny because they will see a bunch of orders from WNY. lol
Maybe it will convince them to advertise on here. lol

nah it was posted on NASIOC and other forums yesterday… just wish i saw it then :frowning:

i would have ordered two sets