Tires for Track Days/DE

X3 for swerve…Paul gets really good prices from discount tire…and he’s a really cool dude.

Are you planning to “Win the lapping day?” Why bother wasting a race tire in a non-race? :gotme:

^^
oh come on… you know it’s much more fun to lap on race rubber.

I would also understand that its pretty hard to keep the power down in the supra.

Jeller

I think a hoosier or v710 would be way overkill for doing lapping days. I’d go with something along the lines of an ra-1 if you want rcomps.

Can anyone reccomend a good starter tire that would be good for 3-4 track days and a bunch of auto-x events? I’d also like to not break the bank.

Buy used. You can usually find good deals on half used tires that should last a few events and a track day. You may have to buy more than one set, but you can usually find good deals that will still be cheaper than new.

one last question, where would i look for used tires?

thanks.

Ebay, sccaforums, hoosiertires.com has a discount section (but I don’t think there is anything good there right now), honda-tech has a FS thread where people commonly post tires. Just keep your eyes open.

Thanks a lot!

Start on street tires. Do atleast a season on them.

fixed.

I was considering azenis, i liked them on my talon…once they got hot.
any opinions on those?

They are as good as any to start on.

Thanks for all the help guys, much appreciated.

I’m going to be rocking Dunlop SP Sport 9000 DSST’s we’ll see how the do on the track

http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20656&highlight=motherload

2WD, 500+ WHP, Street tires = LOL

If it was me I’d go straight to a heat cylcled V710 and from there to a Hoosier. I know Spencer has driven the S4 on race tires. He’s no noob to them or the track.

The Supra makes 550 whp on the daily pump gas tune so street tires are out of the question unless he wants to clown around all day. :slight_smile:

Disclaimer: This would not be my recommendation for most people because many of the other options listed would apply to a lower horsepower car.

550whp seems excessive on a road course, overkill at dunnville. why not tune down to the 3-400 level, i mean… 2wd, yes, fun on front and center straights, but good luck carrying speed into club, gilles, bracks, and the turn before Lens if running counterclockwise, now i understand why you were planning to use a brand new set of R-comps for 1 event–talk about tire carnage. new plan, hoosier r6. cant wait to see this thing lap (rather its rear bumper) in the spring… :wink:

you cant really de tune a big turbo supra… i mean you can… but whats the point…